I am soooo lucky. Meat related

Dirtyhip

...I eat some sashimi when Costco gets fresh tuna, but infrequently.  FWIW, tuna is high enough on the food chain to have some mercury concerns.

At two hours from the ocean here, there's a pretty good selection of fish most times of the year, if you look.  I used to fish for salmon here, but the locals

are so diminished in numbers that I haven't the heart any more.  :(

• Heart 1

...I eat some sashimi when Costco gets fresh tuna, but infrequently.  FWIW, tuna is high enough on the food chain to have some mercury concerns.

At two hours from the ocean here, there's a pretty good selection of fish most times of the year, if you look.  I used to fish for salmon here, but the locals

are so diminished in numbers that I haven't the heart any more.  :(

I love ahi.  I just try to avoid it now.  Halibut too.  It's a bummer.

Crab is delicious, but again ...  :mellow:

I eat salmon.  I know that all the fish numbers are decreasing, but I am not going to suffer. No one else seems to care.   :dontknow:   I got to the point of feeling like I can not make a difference at all.  Now, I eat.  I limit it...but I eat.  

I eat salmon.  I know that all the fish numbers are decreasing, but I am not going to suffer. No one else seems to care.   :dontknow:   I got to the point of feeling like I can not make a difference at all.  Now, I eat.  I limit it...but I eat.  

Between concerns aboot mercury, sustainability, and farming methods, I don't really pursue eating fish all that much.   I do love cod and haddock and even Chilean sea bass, but I think all of those have concerns.

Haddock seems a little better than cod - not completely overfished.

http://www.fishwatch.gov/seafood_profiles/species/haddock/species_pages/haddock.htm

Between concerns aboot mercury, sustainability, and farming methods, I don't really pursue eating fish all that much.   I do love cod and haddock and even Chilean sea bass, but I think all of those have concerns.

Don't read too much about chicken meat, beef or pork either.  It's gotten to a point that I just prefer not to know.  It's like...What the hell can I eat?  Pretty much almost every food has good and bad to it.  Veggies seem pretty good, but even they have lead in urban gardens.  It just sucks.  We have polluted ourselves to death.

Phytates in beans ... gluten is poison ...AHHHHH!  (BTW, I tried the gluten free for a bit.  Noticed no difference.   :dontknow: )

Fuck it.  HAHA

• Heart 1

Don't read too much about chicken meat, beef or pork either.  It's gotten to a point that I just prefer not to know.  It's like...What the hell can I eat?  Pretty much almost every food has good and bad to it.  Veggies seem pretty good, but even they have lead in urban gardens.  It just sucks.  We have polluted ourselves to death.

Phytates in beans ... gluten is poison ...AHHHHH!  (BTW, I tried the gluten free for a bit.  Noticed no difference.   :dontknow: )

Fuck it.  HAHA

Gluten-free is necessary for only a small group of people, IMO.  However, there is the whole Wheatbelly thing. :rolleyes:

I liked back in the day when lead and mercury were not poisonous.  My grade school teacher passed a glob of mercury around the room for each of us to handle and play with.  You could put a copper penny in the glob and it came out looking like a shiny silver dime.  She let us take the silver pennies home with us.  

...did not mean to imply I do not buy and eat salmon that comes down here on airplanes from further north.  It's just that the local Salmon run up the American is such a miraculous phenomenon, and they have been so diminished (there are a couple of different runs here) that I just no longer have the heart to catch them here.  It would cause a great hue and cry were Fish and Game to declare the local fishery off limits to salmon for about ten years, but it might help save the fish.  :(   As it stands, they get a pretty good chunk of income from salmon stamps, and they feel like running the hatchery at the dam makes up for all the insult to the native fish population.  Sadly, it's not working here.