Since the wife and I are looking at houses...

KrAzY

Sh has made me go see three crappy ones not even worth trying to fix up.. The last one has floors that sloped so bad, that there was a 5 inch drop from one side to the other. It would not have been bad if the room was not 12' x 14'...LOL

Well I found one that will drive her crazy to go look at.. I kind of like the history of the place, and people also say it is haunted... Does not mean we will buy it, but it is worth checking out. 

The price is $329,000 for 5,000 sqft but I'm sure I can get them down further for the work that needs done to it...

I guess it was a restaurant, Prohibition smuggling, Al Capone's hideout once, Brothel, and more...

I kind of want to reopen it up as a brothel again... or a B&B for during Summerfest and Harley Fest. 

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4200-W-County-Line-Rd_Mequon_WI_53092_M75013-69605?row=20

Even made Milwaukee Cribs list.. LMAO

http://mkecribs.com/home/2793560/4200-W-County-Line-Road-Mequon#.VOpsGLDF9Y8

When I lived in Vermont we rented half a house. The owner, who lived in the other half, said when he did the remodel there were ten rooms upstairs that were just big enough for a twin bed. At the bottom of the stairs he found, behind panneling, a box with ten slots. Some of them still had old keys in them. Apparently at one time it was a cat house. Patrons would pick up a key from the box and visit their favorite room upstairs.

The last one has floors that sloped so bad, that there was a 5 inch drop from one side to the other.

you could have turned that into an attraction at your new Krazyland Theme Park

"The Slanty Shanty" would be a crowd favorite

• Heart 1

you could have turned that into an attraction at your new Krazyland Theme Park

"The Slanty Shanty" would be a crowd favorite

Dude... it was bad... the wife is about 3 inches shorter then I am, and when she stood on the other side of the room she was about 4 inches taller them me... It was full out fun house effect! 

The bedrooms seem small for all the square footage, but I guess that makes sense if it was a restaurant.

If you do consider it further, you may want to see if the realtor can get any utility history information for you.  A friend of mine was considering an older home, not quite as much square footage.  Only sketchy information was available but I estimated the heating costs alone were going to be about $10K/yr.

If you do get the costs they might reflect the restaurant operation, but you should be able to tell when the restaurant stopped operating and the property went dormant.  If they've kept it heated the more recent bills could be helpful.

Think of all the furniture and all the other accessories you'd have to buy just to fill the place... ;)

I have an email into the realtor for that reason already and also to see what the taxes are per year... Rooms can be made bigger. All it takes is a sledgehammer and some fun :)

I looked at a few other old farmhouses and their heating bills were better then I thought they would be.. This one is going to be interesting to see what all it comes back with. I drove over and saw it last night. The heat was on because I saw the vents working. I can guarantee you that I will be going through this place with a fine tooth comb and I have a building inspector friend that is raging along for shits and giggles to help me. 

This will not be out first house, and I know the nitty gritty to look for.. just incase it pans out and all is good... you all will not see me for a while because I'm sure I will have my hands full fixing and getting lost in that place.. LOL

I have an email into the realtor for that reason already and also to see what the taxes are per year... Rooms can be made bigger. All it takes is a sledgehammer and some fun :)

I looked at a few other old farmhouses and their heating bills were better then I thought they would be.. This one is going to be interesting to see what all it comes back with. I drove over and saw it last night. The heat was on because I saw the vents working. I can guarantee you that I will be going through this place with a fine tooth comb and I have a building inspector friend that is raging along for shits and giggles to help me. 

This will not be out first house, and I know the nitty gritty to look for.. just incase it pans out and all is good... you all will not see me for a while because I'm sure I will have my hands full fixing and getting lost in that place.. I'll be locked in and upstairs bedroom without the skeleton key.LOL

FIFY

• Heart 1