I want to find my 1/2 sister

Dirtyhip

My long lost sister found me though my wife's Facebook after 25 years.

I'd start by looking in Scooter's secret basement.

I wonder if anyone ever even found it again. I dont think we even mentioned it to the landlord. There was no plumbing or heat ducts (electric baseboard heating) so it wouldn't be necessary to even look below the floor. I would hope someone would have replaced the carpeting again and spotted the opening after over 30+ years though. :scratch head:

I should have put a time capsule with contact info in there. :nod head:

My youngest son was found by his half sister when she did a face book search.  We had some contact information about his biological mom and dad if he ever wanted it but he said he wasn't interested.  I even left the information in a special place and told him where it was if he ever became curious he was free to look at it.  He wouldn't have to tell us about it. When his half sister contacted him he started to warm to the idea of meeting his relatives.  By this time he was already out of college and married with young daughter.  He wanted to make sure we didn't feel rejected if he met his mom.  We encouraged him to meet her (she lived in another state). To make a long story short they ended up meeting and they really hit it off.  He travels to Virginia every year for his family reunion.  He even performed his sister's wedding. It was a storybook ending to someone looking for a lost relative that they have never met.  Sometimes it doesn't turn out real good when people finally find their lost relative.

• Heart 3

I have 2 half sister's....and 1 whole sister...hmmmmmm  I met the younger 1/2 sister when I was about 21...I was not impressed...I share a father with both 1/2 sister's...and well both parents with my whole sister :rolleyes:  

Ancestry.com...or maybe the mormon church is a way to start looking....

It could be a good experience and a new friend or...well not   but sometimes it is important to fill in the blanks.

What about that place that takes a sample of some sort from you and tries to match your DNA?  You never know who might turn up...

Probably several Nigerian prince half brothers who wish to ask her advice on storing their hoard of cache while they escape the revolution.