Old MacDonald's farm seems very unremarkable

Randomguy

I think that's a harsh assessment but it does pale compared to London Bridge is Falling Down.

Nice tune you can dance to and the extra benefit of having fun at the expense of England's demise.

Remember, if it wasn't for England, you might be speaking French now.  We just had the history lesson here about 2 weeks ago.

For those who have never left the city and think food comes from the store, that song is highly educational.

I think it needs more verses, about Old MacDonald's friend who runs a coffee plantation in Brazil, his cousin growing bananas in Guatemala and his nephew's fiancee's father who grows passion fruit in Australia. 

A verse or two about the food processing industry would also help.

I find the song remarkably remarkable.   ;)

Ha, just because you had relatives there!  

I mean the farm itself seems unremarkable.  A farm with some farm animals, just imagine.  :huh:   I would think a particular farm that had hot farmer's daughters or aliens would be of greater interest to a songwriter, but I guess not.

The version my dad taught me did have aliens, a hot farmers daughter or three, a sausage maker, a hidden dungeon, a pit full of eels swimming in blood, some bone saws and the head of John the Baptist on a platter.

We would sing it every night before I cried myself to sleep, curled up in a ball.

• Heart 1

Ha, just because you had relatives there!  

I mean the farm itself seems unremarkable.  A farm with some farm animals, just imagine.  :huh:   I would think a particular farm that had hot farmer's daughters or aliens would be of greater interest to a songwriter, but I guess not.

So change lyrics to "with a spank spank here and a spank spank there"? :)