8 hours of sleep would be just lovely.

MoseySusan

The older we get the more things screw up our sleep....I was never one to sleep in til noon (common among some of my friends in their 20's)....but sleeping thru the night would be fantastic...once and awhile it does happen and it is fantastic.

Sorry Roadsue....you may have entered the age of less sleep

I used to be an amazing sleeper - I could fall asleep and wake up in the same position, but for about the last 5 or 6 years I wake up at least three or four times a night.  Usually 2.30, 3.30, 4.30 and then 5 or 6.  Sometimes I'm lucky and will only wake up twice.  A lot of the time I'm wide awake at 4:30 and ready to get out of bed, but the times that I do it's tough to make it through the day.

What's interrupting your sleep Sue?

I used to be an amazing sleeper - I could fall asleep and wake up in the same position, but for about the last 5 or 6 years I wake up at least three or four times a night.  Usually 2.30, 3.30, 4.30 and then 5 or 6.  Sometimes I'm lucky and will only wake up twice.  A lot of the time I'm wide awake at 4:30 and ready to get out of bed, but the times that I do it's tough to make it through the day.

I am very much the same.  I used to sleep like crazy, but now I wake up 4 or 5 times a night.  I also dream more, for some reason.  I have some insane dreams.  I assume it is just age related dementia.   :(

• Heart 2

SW why do you get up so often?

Peeing.  I pee every 15 minutes to every hour - around the clock.  Seen every urologist on the planet, taken every bladder and prostate medication, had multiple procedures on the bladder.  Nothing has helped.  I am thinking of trying to find someone who practices Eastern medicine.  All Western medicine understands is drugs and surgery.

Peeing.  I pee every 15 minutes to every hour - around the clock.  Seen every urologist on the planet, taken every bladder and prostate medication, had multiple procedures on the bladder.  Nothing has helped.  I am thinking of trying to find someone who practices Eastern medicine.  All Western medicine understands is drugs and surgery.

Suzie and I and the forum can help you beat this, SW!  First, just think like Ty Webb in Caddyshack.  Be the ball. Nananannanananaannananananananan.

Suzie and I and the forum can help you beat this, SW!  First, just think like Ty Webb in Caddyshack.  Be the ball. Nananannanananaannananananananan.

Yeah, that should do it.  Just watching Caddyshack will cause your brain to revert back to the level of a 15 year-old.  Teenagers sleep like rocks.  :)

I've experienced this and know it's no joke.

I would suggest that you use a catheter before going to bed. This would at least give you an uninterrupted night's sleep and it's not too difficult  to master with a bit of instruction. What you have now makes life not worth living. I have a damaged bladder and self-catheterise morning and night. It has become as  normal as brushing me teeth.............but obviously you don't want to get mixed up here.  :whistle:

I assume she was referring to my day off.  All you're days are off.

I've grown so accustomed to being retired that when someone asked me recently if I would be interested in coming back part time as a consultant, I laughed out loud.  Not a fake laugh, either.  I have finally found the vocation I am most suitable for.  I wouldn't go back to being an employee if you paid me a million bucks a year.  Seriously.  

• Heart 1

I've grown so accustomed to being retired that when someone asked me recently if I would be interested in coming back part time as a consultant, I laughed out loud.  Not a fake laugh, either.  I have finally found the vocation I am most suitable for.  I wouldn't go back to being an employee if you paid me a million bucks a year.  Seriously.  

Like she said, you suck!  :D  And so does being an employee, sadly. :(

I've experienced this and know it's no joke.

I would suggest that you use a catheter before going to bed. This would at least give you an uninterrupted night's sleep and it's not too difficult  to master with a bit of instruction. What you have now makes life not worth living. I have a damaged bladder and self-catheterise morning and night. It has become as  normal as brushing me teeth.............but obviously you don't want to get mixed up here.  :whistle:

I am against this as too extreme, plus wouldn't it ruin whatever control you have left?

This is the way my predecessor feels.  She thought my job was like being in prison.  What is odd is my cow worker LOVES it!  I am in the middle, as is my wont in life.  At times I love the semi-autonomy and the work, but at other times I just can't take the insanity and bullshit.

I get to sleep very easily on most night. However, I almost always have to wake up to pee at about 2 A.M. It usually doesn't wake me up too much. I stagger to the bath in a sleeplike coma.  

Last night I turned off the lights at 8:30 and slept till 6:25.  Sleep is wonderful.  

On days that I do super hard efforts on the bike, I sleep restlessly.  If I do a 3+ hour workout on the bike,  My body just throws off tons of heat and I just don't sleep really well.  It doesn't matter what I eat either.  I have eaten a meal with plenty of protein and still have this issue.  The second night after a hard effort,I sleep like the dead.  

I would definitely start to look into Eastern medicine!  Sounds quite awful and obviously not right for a man of your age!

I am against this as too extreme, plus wouldn't it ruin whatever control you have left?

I'm not sure what you mean by "too extreme"....have you some experience of this?

I'm talking about what is termed "Intermittent catheterisation" which is a procedure taking only a few minutes. Using this does not mean that you stop practising the usual means of emptying the bladder though it's clear that in this case it's not working.

Believe me...peeing on the quarter hour....that's extreme, and means he is operating with a full bladder if doing so means he is failing to empty it. 

That said, I would have thought that his Doctor would have recommended this as if urine is being retained this can lead to back-pressure on the kidneys.

This can result in Uromysitisis.  Very bad stuff.

Damn!

I was hoping that I may have had this but on checking I find that it's fictional or mythical. Please start another thread if you're set on talking about Unicorns or tiny beings at the bottom of your garden....thank you.

Believe me...peeing on the quarter hour....that's extreme, and means he is operating with a full bladder if doing so means he is failing to empty it. 

I wish it were that simple.  The bladder seems to be irritated.  I am almost never full and I don't retain anything.  My last urodynamic study started with an empty bladder (I had a catheter so they emptied it for me), then they filled me up to the point that it became painful.  It was a pathetic 150 mls.

I wish it were that simple.  The bladder seems to be irritated.  I am almost never full and I don't retain anything.  My last urodynamic study started with an empty bladder (I had a catheter so they emptied it for me), then they filled me up to the point that it became painful.  It was a pathetic 150 mls.

Holy crap, that IS pathetic!

Maybe you need Parr8 to get you a new bladder?

• Heart 1

I wish it were that simple.  The bladder seems to be irritated.  I am almost never full and I don't retain anything.  My last urodynamic  study started with an empty bladder (I had a catheter so they emptied it for me), then they filled me up to the point that it became painful.  It was a pathetic 150 mls.

Wow!

I'm the opposite having completely lost the Physiological link which warns that the bladder is full. I don't want to boast but my bladder can hold more than a Litre and during the last Urodynamic study they had to halt the study as they failed to find the point where I could sense anything.

Bragging about ones dodgy Bladder.....I can't believe this.