Do we have winter on the run yet?

Randomguy

I spent most of the morning watching them try to get the truck that delivered my firewood unstuck from my driveway.  The more they worked on it the worse it got.  They tried moving the roll off box to the back and up to put more weight over the drive wheels.  The box slipped sideways and now they couldn't get it back on the truck or off the truck. They finally got it out about a half hour ago.

10394653_10152844328322762_3794061193413

What the hell is wrong with you?

With me? Lots. With the weather? Not a damned thing.

If we're going to have "winter" I would just as soon we have winter not "four months of cold,dark and wet" like we've had the last few.

I went out and skied on the lake last night for about an hour or so. I will probably take the snowhshoes and go out behind my house when I get home tonight. What's not to like about that?

Randomguy™, on 25 Feb 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

It is still cold on the east coast.  Sunny and miserably cold is at least 4% better than cloudy and miserably cold.

actually cloudy is better than sunny if you like to be outdoors with a lot of snow around, I think anyways

it is really hard on your eyes when its sunny and in the middle of the afternoon out on the ice

and I'm still enjoying being able to go and shoot pucks, so I'm ok with it staying in the deep freeze some more

actually cloudy is better than sunny if you like to be outdoors with a lot of snow around, I think anyways

it is really hard on your eyes when its sunny and in the middle of the afternoon out on the ice

and I'm still enjoying being able to go and shoot pucks, so I'm ok with it staying in the deep freeze some more

It's great that you enjoy your winter weather.

It makes me laugh when people complain about their weather unless it is unusual for that area. When I lived in Leadville CO, I loved cold snowy weather. Now I enjoy the SW desert.

With me? Lots. With the weather? Not a damned thing.

If we're going to have "winter" I would just as soon we have winter not "four months of cold,dark and wet" like we've had the last few.

I went out and skied on the lake last night for about an hour or so. I will probably take the snowhshoes and go out behind my house when I get home tonight. What's not to like about that?

Uh, it is cold out?  That is enough for my equatorial irish descendents.

Spring is coming...It is light past 5 PM.....and the little bit of snow we had today melted in the afternoon sun...(made a mess out of my windshield)  Gonna be -5 to -10 with wins chills the next few days...and sounds like another below zero day on Wednesday next week....but hey...Spring is a coming  :nod head:

• Heart 1

Uh, it is cold out?  That is enough for my equatorial irish descendents.

Oh pish-tosh. You can dress for the cold. You can only undress so far for the heat, without winding up on the sex offender list.

And as for your "equatorial Irish descendants"....well, any further from the equator and the Irish would be Inuit, but that doesn't matter, since they haven't been born yet....

Oh pish-tosh. You can dress for the cold. You can only undress so far for the heat, without winding up on the sex offender list.

And as for your "equatorial Irish descendants"....well, any further from the equator and the Irish would be Inuit, but that doesn't matter, since they haven't been born yet....

Sure, you can dress for the cold, but you will always be cold and you can't breathe and your pores can't see and you can't address your PRI through the thousands of  layers you have to wear.

Why do you have a problem with summer?  Aren't you optimally set up for 80 degrees or so genetically like everybody else?  Don't you like chicks in bikinis?  Chicks in bikinis are sexier than chicks in parkas, you know.

Aren't you optimally set up for 80 degrees or so genetically like everybody else?

I am optimally set up for whatever the season has to offer, after a period of acclimation. I never said I didn't like summer, only that I liked winter too. Too much of any one thing gets boring.

Chicks in bikinis are sexier than chicks in parkas, you know.

That may be so, but I'm not.