remember that time back in Sept/Oct I talked about turning in my resignation?

AirwickWithCheese

And Couch said I wasn't man enough to do it?
He was right. :(

But I'm proud I made it to March but the wheels are off again.

I am the end of my rope again. So it's time for my semiannual pep talk from you people who could really care less about me.

Thank you in advance

Stay. Or go. Either one is fine. Oscillating between the two is not fine. 

Your indecisiveness isn't doing you any favours, and it's not helping your employers, coworkers or the people you work to help. This has to stop, whatever you decide.

Sheesh. I only bother you with this twice a year. :(

Last time you gave me Chilton.

ZVUR3Km.jpg

...I worked for the United States Social Security Administration for about seven or eight years. I spent the last four years of that planning my escape. :mellow:

Sometimes, the way to keep from making yourself sick at a job you hate is to spend a great deal of time and energy looking for your next job, which is a nice distraction.

When I think back on it, I didn't even hate that job for the first year or so. :)

Kudos on the music video, BTW.

My wife and I have been searching for work closer to home. She recently found a good one. Now I need to get off the fence and pick something. I've been putting in job apps everywhere, slowly moving the search further and further from home, trying to find something that won't make me dread waking up every morning like I am now. I just haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. All I do know is my target date is mid April and I'm the heck out of here.  :nod head:

Cheese, let's try this again.

There are times when it is wise to leave a job. Sometimes the work is wrong for you, the people you work under or work with are a bad fit, job cuts are coming or there are any number of personal reasons you may have. And there are times when it's best to stay. That's not the issue.

From what I see, you're not sure if you want to stay in your present position or leave. You're the only one who can know whether it's better to stay where you are or move on. The rest of us don't work where you work and don't know the underlying factors. We can't answer the most important question for you.

Once you make the decision to stay where you are or to move on, life gets a lot easier. 

• Heart 1

Tell me how it's not simple?  You have what it takes to make yourself like your current job.  You are choosing not to.  If you really believe the grass is greener elsewhere, then you should go there.

The grass does really look greener from here. That's cuz you are looking at it from an oblique angle and seeing more of the blade. When you are standing on the grass, you really only see the top of the grass & the dirt below.

• Heart 1

I've changed jobs twice in my life and each time I'm glad I made the decision.  But Destination is right, you have to decide if this is something temporary or if it really isn't the right fit.  Every job has challenges and problems that can seem overwhelming at times.  The problem is trying to determine if there is a better option for you.

I wouldn't recommend resigning without knowing what you want to do instead.  The old adage about looking for a job from a job is usually true. Plus you may realize that there really isn't another job that you'd prefer to the one you have, despite its problems.

ETA:  As long as you are there, do your best and don't let a bad attitude affect your work.  You want to be in a position that you can keep your current job for as long as you like.  You certainly don't want them to ask you to leave before you're ready.  So even if you're feeling discouraged, don't show it at work.  Bestides, a bad attitude builds on itself and will make everything harder.

• Heart 1