One year ago tomorrow...

Former member

Hey Sox,
Didn't you have a lingering problem that you were going to have to get fixed later on, a hernia, I think? Did you ever get that fixed? Just wondered how that came out. I don't remember you talking about it.

i'm still waiting for that hernia problem my doctor told me would become an issue. I haven't had a problem yet, but the way he told me about it wasn't like you might have an issue. He expects the problem.

So far, so good, but I trust his medical opinion. Hopefully it will be a problem soon, so that I can just get it out of the way.

I was pretty close to death.
Now I'm almost as good as before, and thinking about how to commemorate the day.
What would you do if you were in that situation?

If memory serves me correctly, we had a beer and tensioned up a set of wheels in the park right before that happened. I say we don't do that again... :P

• Heart 2

Now I'm almost as good as before, and thinking about how to commemorate the day.

meditate on gratitude, your amazing life and all the wonderful years ahead of you

• Heart 2

I guess I'm slow but it didn't really hit me that this was boxy until you posted this RR. I suspect it a couple of times but I wasn't sure. Yeah, Belichick, some of my favorite posting in a forum was shooting the bs over the NFL playoffs. Good times.

lol. I thought everyone knew who I was.

You can always look at user profiles, and see the list of names used.

About 2-3 years now but I don't have many posts because I spend most of my time in Trollheim and posts in there don't count. I'm restricted there and P&R. I've been banned mostly for damage done in Foo. That place is a target rich environment and way to easy (for me) to get into trouble.

different other place.

the first time I ever talked to you was at JCL . Our rides later that spring and in December were much better conversations, bosox

I was still in ICU when you stopped by. They had me on so many painkillers that I only remember that you visited. My ribs and back hurt so much at that time that I thought the pain killers weren't working at all.

I was hit by a truck that was going 45-50mph, broke 13 bones, collapsed a lung, 3 surgeries to repair intestinal tears/bleeding, all of March was in the hospital.

Come on Sox, get the story straight. You weren't hit by a truck and you know it!     You were smacked by its big honk'n mirror at 50 MPH.

And to get the math right, if you were doing your usual 28 MPH, then the net effect was only 22 MPH.  You're making this sound worse that it was.

:)

I was still in ICU when you stopped by. They had me on so many painkillers that I only remember that you visited. My ribs and back hurt so much at that time that I thought the pain killers weren't working at all.

It is a wonder you remember that I stopped by.  By December I could not keep up with you on the bike :2:

Come on Sox, get the story straight. You weren't hit by a truck and you know it!     You were smacked by its big honk'n mirror at 50 MPH.

And to get the math right, if you were doing your usual 28 MPH, then the net effect was only 22 MPH.  You're making this sound worse that it was.

:)

His police report, and the damage to his truck tells a different story.

I know that my near death experience was not as interesting as yours but I like to have a beer, take a deep breath and cherish every breath.
I look at life Different now.