Serious question for the BF people

Randomguy

Why the hell did you spend time there?  

Since a lot of the folks here had previously come over from there, I figure you can answer this for me.  I went there ever so briefly a very long time ago, but had problems with the moderators immediately, and over very innocuous stuff, too.  Way too repressive for me to want to stay, the thousands of moderators seemed like complete idiots, and asshole idiots at that.

So what was the story?

Why the hell did you spend time there?

Since a lot of the folks here had previously come over from there, I figure you can answer this for me. I went there ever so briefly a very long time ago, but had problems with the moderators immediately, and over very innocuous stuff, too. Way too repressive for me to want to stay, the thousands of moderators seemed like complete idiots, and asshole idiots at that.

So what was the story?

it started small and as it grew it became over moderated. As you recall I was one of those assholes idiots. I drove myself off

It is like a neighbourhood in a crappy area.  You have a few good neighbours and maybe even a friend or two so you stay for that and fail to see what a failure the rest is.  Once you up and move though, you sure realized what a dump it was.

This explains it perfectly, thanks for the excellent reasoned response.  That is actually why I stayed at the LF during continual changes to the steadily degraded software versions and user interfaces, I liked most of the people.  I didn't stay on BF long enough to bond with people that were there.  A few were such sticks in the mud that it wouldn't have been possible.

I like a lot of the people that migrated from there, so I was just a bit incredulous.