Serious question for the BF people

Randomguy

Serious response to RGs serious question. 

I never had any intent on joining up to the site in the first place but stumbled upon it when I was looking for possible bike rides out of my neighborhood when google popped it up.  And then I wanted to respond/add some routes I had been on and needed to sign up.  I didn't give a chit about my login ID but tried about 4 or 5 different ones that had been taken and finally settled on 'toddles' because it was available, I figured it was only temporary and allowed me to post immediately.

I left the site for awhile but then when my wife (girlfriend at the time) asked me to not visit datehookup.com anymore -- the nerve -- I had to ditch flirting with chicks around the country and collecting naked photographs -- I turned my attention to some of the 'other' forums on BF site.  Instantly, I knew there were a bunch of dildo posters that needed to have massive shit flipped to and on them... so I started whack-a-moling them.  I didn't realize at the time there were actually moderators on there and quickly learned so after receiving punishment (short bannings).  Hell it took me 6 months just to figure out which avatars were moderators.  That was only because I laid into a few of those before realizing 'purple stars' should be treated with kid gloves.

Anyway, finally to answer your gawd damn question -- I stayed because I met some pretty interesting guys that made me laugh and it actually became a game of self control to see how long I could go without getting reprimanded.  At one point, I went after some clown all over the site and the administrator didn't like that.  But he liked me and realized I was 'treasured gold' so he wanted to ensure I was safe by restricting me to the two forums that were not so sensitive.  

So the end result, is a new, tamer me that has been conditioned to be good.  And now I'm on a new site and I'm all about love, brah.  I'm all about love.

For the record, there are some really funny guys over there (some of them that have worked their way into here).  I don't recall laughing out loud into a computer screen so many times in the last 3-4 years.

• Heart 1

That's a really full response and courtesy requiquires me to thank you.........I feel really guilty now for being bored and dozing off half-way through.

No really. ......it was very interesti........I can't do this...If I keep this up I'm destined for a The Big Burning Fire.

I don't know what comes over me sometimes, I have these moments of madness and can't be held responsible?....I blame all these drugs I'm taking.

That said, I do have a mission to improve the overall quality of the posts on this forum and yours was dreadfully dull......bugger it.... I've done it again.

I don't know what comes over me sometimes, I have these moments of madness and can't be held responsible?....I blame all these drugs I'm taking.

That said, I do have a mission to improve the overall quality of the posts on this forum and yours was dreadfully dull......bugger it.... I've done it again.

I just had oral surgery and a dental implant, onbike.  I've decided that's much more soothing than having to read your posts.

That's all the seriousness this thread is going to get from me.  Nobody likes it when I'm serious.  Comments like these make it tough when trying to turn a new leaf OB1.  You're not helping.

I don't know what comes over me sometimes....I have these moments of madness  and hurt people's feelings....I think it's the drugs......my apologies.

That said, I am on a mission to raise the standards of the posts in this forum and yours was pretty dire.........bugger it I've done it again.

Posts 135 and 137 are identical OB1.  Any more of this rot and I'll know you're a Latte sock puppet.

That's a filthy thing to say and anyway I'm an old person and one who deserves respect.

There doesn't seem to be a way of cancelling posts.......I'd like to be able to cancel some of mine but I'd like much more to be able to cancel  those of others......what....what?

• 3 years later...
On 2/26/2015 at 11:45 AM, Former member said:

you should write a review of his book.

http://www.amazon.com/Otto-Berchem-Its-Not-Fault/dp/9075380224

$15.00 for 80 pages that the description puts it as a biography but listed in the sculpture section? 

I don't know this fool but I doubt very much he has anything worthwhile to contribute to society.

On 2/27/2015 at 1:53 PM, Dottie said:

Serious response to RGs serious question. 

I never had any intent on joining up to the site in the first place but stumbled upon it when I was looking for possible bike rides out of my neighborhood when google popped it up.  And then I wanted to respond/add some routes I had been on and needed to sign up.  I didn't give a chit about my login ID but tried about 4 or 5 different ones that had been taken and finally settled on 'toddles' because it was available, I figured it was only temporary and allowed me to post immediately.

I left the site for awhile but then when my wife (girlfriend at the time) asked me to not visit datehookup.com anymore -- the nerve -- I had to ditch flirting with chicks around the country and collecting naked photographs -- I turned my attention to some of the 'other' forums on BF site.  Instantly, I knew there were a bunch of dildo posters that needed to have massive shit flipped to and on them... so I started whack-a-moling them.  I didn't realize at the time there were actually moderators on there and quickly learned so after receiving punishment (short bannings).  Hell it took me 6 months just to figure out which avatars were moderators.  That was only because I laid into a few of those before realizing 'purple stars' should be treated with kid gloves.

Anyway, finally to answer your gawd damn question -- I stayed because I met some pretty interesting guys that made me laugh and it actually became a game of self control to see how long I could go without getting reprimanded.  At one point, I went after some clown all over the site and the administrator didn't like that.  But he liked me and realized I was 'treasured gold' so he wanted to ensure I was safe by restricting me to the two forums that were not so sensitive.  

So the end result, is a new, tamer me that has been conditioned to be good.  And now I'm on a new site and I'm all about love, brah.  I'm all about love.

For the record, there are some really funny guys over there (some of them that have worked their way into here).  I don't recall laughing out loud into a computer screen so many times in the last 3-4 years.

The story behind infamous toddles. For real.

I've enjoyed BF so no real complaints on my end. I used to post in the "41" and the "33" (Road Forum, Racing Forum respectively) but eventually got tired of reading through pages of the same old questions about light weight bolts for saddles and stems etc. or steel vs carbon flame wars. I eventually ended up in P&R because it's another interest of mine, and that's where I remained. It's gone down hill a bit since we went through waves of trolls, but there are some good members there still so I still frequent it.