Concert tonight

Scott in MN

Government Mule with John Scofield.  Rah!

I knew this concert was coming up but never took any action on it.  Friend texted me last night that he has an extra ticket available.  I jumped on it.  Better than me getting tickets originally since this guy is always one of the first to get tickets.  12 rows back in the center in a decent theater.  Perfect.

Looking forward to night of music.

• Heart 3

Concert review.

This was my second time going to a Gov't Mule show.  First time I thought them to be tedious and too power ballad centered, but my friend is a huge fan and has been bugging me to try them again.  Results:  More of the same.  They can rock, but lack a groove.  John Scofield added a lot to them when he was playing.  He had a groove that Warren Haynes would pick up on and match. 

There encore was Humble Pie's, "30 Days in the Hole" and "I Don't need no Doctor".  Those two tunes had so much promise but they did nothing with them.

moving along now.

Concert review.

This was my second time going to a Gov't Mule show.  First time I thought them to be tedious and too power ballad centered, but my friend is a huge fan and has been bugging me to try them again.  Results:  More of the same.  They can rock, but lack a groove.  John Scofield added a lot to them when he was playing.  He had a groove that Warren Haynes would pick up on and match. 

There encore was Humble Pie's, "30 Days in the Hole" and "I Don't need no Doctor".  Those two tunes had so much promise but they did nothing with them.

moving along now.

:unhappy:

I thought them to be tedious and too power ballad centered,.

Heh. When I saw that you were going, that was my thought: "....oh....how nice..." and I didn't respond. GM has never really "done it" for me. Sounds like the concert panned out about how I thought it would.

....and Humble Pie music kind of demands Steve Marriot's voice...

This lady will be my next show - always a good time:

• 2 weeks later...