Okay people...tomorrow is FRIDAY...March is almost upon us....weekend plans?

petitepedal

Saturday I am doing a cross ride with my gal pal.  This or a road ride.  

Sunday, It's full face helmet and body armor time!!!  I am heading over to do shuttle runs on Mount Ashland with Mount Ashland Adventures.  Those guys are awesome. I look forward to getting 7000 ft of downhill.  Wooohoo!  

I may need to do a load of laundry or two and cook some food.  My focus will be more play and less work.  

Thanks, will do.  You should know that the other one I had installed a year ago is now infected -- but that appears to be due to some shoddy work my dentist did while capping the implant.  I hope this one goes better.

I lead the Moon Valley club ride tomorrow (it appears the rain will hold off until late afternoon or evening).  We are going to attend one of those marriage vows renewal things for a couple at church, then we will go out to celebrate our 36th anniversary. 

Sunday... church then it depends on the rain.  Since the Spring Solvang Double is on March 21, I may HTFU (Velominati rule # 5) and ride in the rain.

Good luck, DM.  I would be interested to hear your story after it is done.   :mellow:  

Ok, back.  Oral surgery in about 2 hours.  A new titanium implant screw has been embedded into my jaw and I go for a follow up crown in 3 months.  They need to let the bone grow around the screw before they do any more.  This is pretty much the procedure:

1)  Numb the hell out of the lower jaw and put iodine on entire face

2)  Rip out the old crown

3)  Tear out the remaining tooth -- especially the two roots

4)  Drill out the infection in the bone

5)  Sterilize the hell out of it and bone graft where needed

6)  Drill a bigger hole in the jaw for the implant

7)  Prepare hole in bone for implant

8)  Insert implant screw and tighten.  Take followup xrays

9)  Cap it off at the gum line

10) Cleanup

11) Final xray 

I can't eat anything crunchy on that side of the mouth now for 3 months.  I've got a follow up in a week or two.  In 3 months, I get a temporary crown until the real one can be prepared and then installed.  Crown costs are outside of the implant costs.

When the pain meds wore off, my jaw is a little sore.  It's supposed to peak (the pain) about 48-72 hours after the procedure.  I feel ok now but a little tired -- almost as though I had my jaw drilled into.

All in all, not a horrendous procedure.  The drilling into the jaw bone is relatively painless but your head shakes badly like 880 freeway.  The pulling of the tooth roots was probably the worst of it as he had to put a lot of pressure on the jaw to get those suckers out.

As a bit of joy, was unfortunate to swallow a bit of blood and or gum/tooth/bone material.  Not the best tasting gelato I've ever had.

I'll be campaigning for the SNP in my village and trying to get the vote out in May.

I'd rather be cycling but duty calls.

Humor this dumb 'merican, what's a SNP?  Can I find it on Google or do I have to use some EuroGoogle thing?

I might think System Network Protocol or some such but I don't think you vote on that.

Humor this dumb 'merican, what's a SNP?  Can I find it on Google or do I have to use some EuroGoogle thing?

I might think System Network Protocol or some such but I don't think you vote on that.

The Scottish National Party, a fine organisation dedicated to independence for our country.

Ok, back.  Oral surgery in about 2 hours.  A new titanium implant screw has been embedded into my jaw and I go for a follow up crown in 3 months.  They need to let the bone grow around the screw before they do any more.  This is pretty much the procedure:

1)  Numb the hell out of the lower jaw and put iodine on entire face

2)  Rip out the old crown

3)  Tear out the remaining tooth -- especially the two roots

4)  Drill out the infection in the bone

5)  Sterilize the hell out of it and bone graft where needed

6)  Drill a bigger hole in the jaw for the implant

7)  Prepare hole in bone for implant

8)  Insert implant screw and tighten.  Take followup xrays

9)  Cap it off at the gum line

10) Cleanup

11) Final xray 

I can't eat anything crunchy on that side of the mouth now for 3 months.  I've got a follow up in a week or two.  In 3 months, I get a temporary crown until the real one can be prepared and then installed.  Crown costs are outside of the implant costs.

When the pain meds wore off, my jaw is a little sore.  It's supposed to peak (the pain) about 48-72 hours after the procedure.  I feel ok now but a little tired -- almost as though I had my jaw drilled into.

All in all, not a horrendous procedure.  The drilling into the jaw bone is relatively painless but your head shakes badly like 880 freeway.  The pulling of the tooth roots was probably the worst of it as he had to put a lot of pressure on the jaw to get those suckers out.

As a bit of joy, was unfortunate to swallow a bit of blood and or gum/tooth/bone material.  Not the best tasting gelato I've ever had.

Thanks for the post, DM.   :)

I've heard local dentists promoting this procedure and I have contemplated what I might do if this ever becomes an option for me.  At my age, it may not be worth it.

As I mentioned RR, I had one of these that has recently become infected and I'm a little nervous about it.  But it wasn't the fault of the periodontist.  It was my follow dentist who put the permanent crown on it. They're expensive but I think they're worth it.  Mine were lower bottom molars -- and the root canals on both got infected so it's not like I could dismiss the option.  I'm 47 now and I'm going to project that I think it'll be worth it.

• Like 1

I couldn't believe it when they lost the vote. I think people voted against it for the wrong reasons.

Well...when you have the entire Establishment, the Treasury and senior politicians telling them that they will lose their pensions and spreading fear, I suppose that's what happens.

There seems to be a sea change underway here as people are tired of the corruption and greed inherent in the present system. It does seem that they have become politicised for the first time. 

Well...when you have the entire Establishment, the Treasury and senior politicians telling them that they will lose their pensions and spreading fear, I suppose that's what happens.

There seems to be a sea change underway here as people are tired of the corruption and greed inherent in the present system. It does seem that they have become politicised for the first time.

The coverage I watched over here on BBC America said that the money difference would be minimal. I don't think people should be voting on independence based on money, you either want it or not. Money should not be a factor. People have fought and died for independence.

The coverage I watched over here on BBC America said that the money difference would be minimal. I don't think people should be voting on independence based on money, you either want it or not. Money should not be a factor. People have fought and died for independence.

Exactly so.....and I have had to argue this countless times on forums with those who see  everything in terms of Pounds and Pence.