Please help me understand

Road Runner

I am old and don't understand you young whippersnappers.

It is currently 29 F here with 8 inches of snow on the ground.  Across the street, a young man is outside working on his car.  He is wearing just a short sleeve tee shirt and short pants.  Why is he not cold?  I would ask him, but I am afraid he would just lie to me.

When the weather is like this, I always layer up and I am STILL cold.  Am I wearing TOO MANY clothes?

he's probably just all hopped up on goof balls

I don't think so.  He is a very nice guy and not the type to be on goof balls, whatever they are.

This wearing of t-shirts and shorts thing in cold weather seems to be some sort of fad among the young.  But he is sort of in his backyard and no one can see him, so I just don't get it.  Why not just put on a coat and be warm?

I like shorts.  I wear them almost all of the time, including outside in the winter - but just to run to the store or something.  I wouldn't work on a car for an extended period of time in the weather we're having wearing just shorts.

To me, the shorts are not as bad as the short sleeve t-shirt.  I'd be freezing.

I don't think so.  He is a very nice guy and not the type to be on goof balls, whatever they are.

This wearing of t-shirts and shorts thing in cold weather seems to be some sort of fad among the young.  But he is sort of in his backyard and no one can see him, so I just don't get it.  Why not just put on a coat and be warm?

all his clothes are at the cleaners and he needs his car to go get them maybe.

I wear one of these in winter:

cock-sock.jpg

Once when I was training for some stupid running race I went out for a run.  I don't remember how long I was out or how cold it was, but let's say pretty damn long and pretty damn cold.  The tip of my junk got cold.  I don't mean cold like it was uncomfortable, I mean cold like it was blue and hurt.  When I got home I had to pee so bad but could not go.  I had to get in the hot shower to try and warm it up.  It was so cold that the hot water beating down on it hurt like hell.  I finally got it warmed up enough to pee but even that burned like hell.  It was hours before it was right again.  Now when I run in the cold temps I always wear 3 socks.  One on each foot and one shoved down my pants to protect my junk.

• Heart 1

Once when I was training for some stupid running race I went out for a run.  I don't remember how long I was out or how cold it was, but let's say pretty damn long and pretty damn cold.  The tip of my junk got cold.  I don't mean cold like it was uncomfortable, I mean cold like it was blue and hurt.  When I got home I had to pee so bad but could not go.  I had to get in the hot shower to try and warm it up.  It was so cold that the hot water beating down on it hurt like hell.  I finally got it warmed up enough to pee but even that burned like hell.  It was hours before it was right again.  Now when I run in the cold temps I always wear 3 socks.  One on each foot and one shoved down my pants to protect my junk.

...tmi