Let's say your scheduled trash pick up day is missed because of some form of inclement weather, perhaps ice or snow, what happens then?

AirwickWithCheese

I've always assumed that they would pick up the next available day the same as if the missed day was a holiday that they didn't pick up on.  On the other hand, twice this year they haven't come at all during that week.  I'm thinking about contacting them to ask if we will be required to pay for the non pick up.  If yes I'm going to offer 2 missed payments.

• Heart 1

This is Wisconsin, blizzards just make for a bad work day. Its also why the garbage trucks have inter axle locks. ;)

Even our mail guy hops into his 4x4 Dakota and keeps working. For holidays everyone's mail and trash collections get delayed one day. They all work the following weekend to catch up. 

I've always assumed that they would pick up the next available day the same as if the missed day was a holiday that they didn't pick up on.  On the other hand, twice this year they haven't come at all during that week.  I'm thinking about contacting them to ask if we will be required to pay for the non pick up.  If yes I'm going to offer 2 missed payments.

Yesterday was the next day. :( Sam and Philly Cheese generate a lot of trash

We just dump it in my neighbor's back yard.

I know Sandy doesn't condone such behavior.

Cancelled because of that? That's just a light dusting!

I know you didn't just insult my Greenville.

Yep. It just goes to next acceptable weather day.  Sometimes that is the collection day the following week.  If we don't like it, we can drive it to a transfer station ourselves.

I can't be expected to get out in the snow in my cabriolet. Plus it's a lot of trash. Transfer stations are for rift raff

I have seen totes sitting out at the road for a week at a time, by the end of the second week there are also black bags of garbage piled all around them.

My neighborhood only allows the trash containers at the curb 30 minutes before and after pick up. Anything else would invite bears, the poor, or winos. The containers much also be vintage aluminum.

NYC just lets the garbage sit out until the next cycle for some reason.  NYC is not a pretty city.

NYC is nasty. I bet Paris still throws their human waste in alleys.
Are the rats the size of jack russells?

Maybe not pretty but it is pretty awesome.

You are trying to be nice. NYC is a pigsty. My apologies to Mrs Wilbur

Our city provided trash cans are large enough that I sometimes skip a week putting it out. When we need to put out a lot of trash, a few neighbors have an informal agreement to use each others trash cans.

Informal agreements to share trash? That sounds like Russia or possibly the nastier parts of Canada.

This is Wisconsin, blizzards just make for a bad work day. Its also why the garbage trucks have inter axle locks. ;)
Even our mail guy hops into his 4x4 Dakota and keeps working. For holidays everyone's mail and trash collections get delayed one day. They all work the following weekend to catch up.

This sounds like a reasonable compromise.

NYC just lets the garbage sit out until the next cycle for some reason.  NYC is not a pretty city.

I have heard that people with dogs create a serious sanitation problem because many of them do not pick up the poop when it has snowed.  Someone was complaining about this on Imus this morning.

I have heard that people with dogs create a serious sanitation problem because many of them do not pick up the poop when it has snowed.  Someone was complaining about this on Imus this morning.

RG would never let my Goddaughter be subjected to such filth. My neighborhood does not allow pets to poop within our gates. You must shuttle them to downtown. We have a pet shuttle service for that.