Woohoo - had a good dermatologist visit today

Ralphie

I like old doctors. :)  I have had an itch on my back for 4 -5 years, and seen 3 dermatologists with no relief.  He gave me a shot, which I think one of the others may have done also, but they always said it was contact dermatitis or an allergy.  He said bullshit (paraphrased) - that people who have had asthma or hay fever usually also get outbreaks of excema.  And he didn't see any skin cancer or anything, so I also got that going for me. :)  I am REALLY looking forward to a little relief.

• Heart 1

Ha!  I have the same thing.  My back has been itching near my right shoulder blade for about 5 or 6 years.  My dermatologists said nothing is there and that this is a very common complaint for people my age.  I didn't ask any more questions.  I was just glad it wasn't anything serious.  He said to just use the usual OTC creams, etc for some occasional relief. 

Ha!  I have the same thing.  My back has been itching near my right shoulder blade for about 5 or 6 years.  My dermatologists said nothing is there and that this is a very common complaint for people my age.  I didn't ask any more questions.  I was just glad it wasn't anything serious.  He said to just use the usual OTC creams, etc for some occasional relief. 

Mine is worse in the winter, but it never goes away.  He said this should make it go away for at least 6 months to a year.  He recommended Cera Ve SA as a general porpoise moisturiser.