Morning Nightmare...but the taxes are done

petitepedal

So I am trying to do my taxes and.....duh I missed a couple of blanks..so I was trying to find my mistake when the damn program asked me to re-enter my username & password...WELL DAMN  I had started my 2014 taxes by going thru the 2013 taxes...that was the only password I had.....I got rejected and had 2...2 15 minute time outs...and well...I was frustrated...the e-mail to the company said I would hear back in 72 hours...NOW I WAS PISSED OFF....then I found a chat button...and got things straight...found my error..corrected it...then my printer wouldn't print...messed with that for another 15 minutes..then went and got a diet coke from my neighbor (I am not dressed to go out yet)....Finally I said  F it...and filed the damn things....hopefully I can download the drivers on this printer and get it going again...it has been nothing but a PITA since day one with "ink faults"....but usually once it prints...it is fine...for some reason...since Christmas....the printer function went byebye...scanner and copy options were there but not the printer.

SO...my taxes are filed.....and now I can take a shower and...well do something.

• Heart 1

My taxes are simple enough that I eschew tax programs, although they were a little useful during the college tuition credit years.  This year I lost three deductions - both daughters and the mortgage.  I guess I need to crank up the 401k contributions.

​Ow, damn, that's gonna leave a dent!

So we got a big drop in our bank account from the IRS today.  I already transferred it to my remaining bleeding accounts and I am no longer in the red.  Thank you Uncle Sam.  Now if you didn't take so much of it in the first place, I'd be much happier.

Edited by dotman17
  • Heart 1

So we got a big drop in our bank account from the IRS today.  I already transferred it to my remaining bleeding accounts and I am no longer in the red.  Thank you Uncle Sam.  Now if you didn't take so much of it in the first place, I'd be much happier.

​Why don't you adjust your payroll deduction so that they take out less during the year?  Why let them have the use of your money when you get nothing for it?

​Why don't you adjust your payroll deduction so that they take out less during the year?  Why let them have the use of your money when you get nothing for it?

​Because I tried to get too cute with this and blew my projections 3 years in a row and ended up owing significant amounts each year.  Call it bad planning or just too turbulent of a time to be planning.  At the time, my life was chaotic and I got tired of monkeying with it and owing them.  So the last 2 years I had them take max out and no worries.  But now that I've remarried and things are settling down, I'll be adjusting my w-4 accordingly.

Edited by dotman17
  • Heart 1

My taxes are simple enough that I eschew tax programs, although they were a little useful during the college tuition credit years.  This year I lost three deductions - both daughters and the mortgage.  I guess I need to crank up the 401k contributions.

That may or may not help.  If your income is too high, the allowable deductions for IRA's taper off and disappear.  You might be better with a Roth IRA where you pay the taxes now and can withdraw later tax-free.  Assuming, that is, that the gubbamnit doesn't change the law in the mean time.