Concerns / complaints / suggestions

Square Wheels

I will use this post as a list of items that need to be repaired or modified.  Please post replies here and I will update the first post.

1. Change avatars from round to square.
  2. Mobile Apple users can't use the quote feature.  They can type inside the quote, not beneath it.  This was an individual user who has since resolved the issue.
  3. Separation of individual posts difficult to distinguish.  I added a faded grey border around each separate post.  Unfortunately, this also places that same grey box in many other locations.  It's the best I have until we can get new themes.
  4. Historical quotes not formatted correctly.
  5. Youtube not embedding properly.
  6. Animated images not embedding when using a URL.
  7. @mentions aren't working.
  8. Move the +, Quote, Edit links from the bottom left to the bottom right of the posts.
  9. Cannot post new events to the Calendar.
Edited by Square Wheels
  • Heart 1

...I respectfully suggest that dotman17 bite me.

​... why are you always harassing me??  SW, can I get a warrant out for this poster?  She's to have no contact with me for months and months... until I can go to the bike kitchen and demand some service.  :)

Edited by dotman17

​... why are you always harassing me??  SW, can I get a warrant out for this poster?  She's to have no contact with me for months and months... until I can go to the bike kitchen and demand some service.  :)

​.

...I got yer service hangin' right here, pal.

I dislike change, so I dislike certain things about this format.  First, I don't like this having to hover the mouse over to the left to quote someone, my mouse naturally wants to swing to the right, out of the way of text I would presumably want to read.  I imagine I am not alone, is it possible to move that over to where it was?  I also find that I prefer the text appear, while typing and after having typed, to fill in more of the middle and rightish middle of the reply box rather than start so damn far left.  Also, each response seems to take an inordinate amount of space, so I see a very limited number of replies at once, can we tighten that up a bit?  Lots of scrolling as it is now.

Edited by Randomguy™

I don't like this having to hover the mouse over to the left to quote someone, my mouse naturally wants to swing to the right, out of the way of text I would presumably want to read.  I imagine I am not alone, is it possible to move that over to where it was?  

​Same with the "Back to the Cafe" dealie, can we get that back on the right side where it naturally wants to be?  I also don't know that we need a go to the next unread topic button, that seems next to useless, unless you decide to view the forum the same way an obsessive compulsive reads the dictionary, which would be sequentially.  Nobody does that, unless there is serious damage.

Edited by Randomguy™

I had a hellava job signing in and had to clear my cookies before I was successful. For a time I thought I wasn't going to make it and was in a sweat thinking what a loss this would be to the forum.

I note that I'm unable to drag text.