Concerns / complaints / suggestions

Square Wheels

​I feel I have offended you already.  You are wrong about whistling, and my penis does all the whistling that needs to be done.

Seriously, though, whistling in public is an arrogant act.  It assumes people would be pleased to hear whatever utterance someone wants to pull out of their ass.  I have always concluded that whistlers are obtuse at best, completely unaware at worst, but definitely people you just don't want to be around.

​.

...do you spit on street musicians, or do you just give them a good piece of your mind?  It's too bad you can't whistle, but the underlying bitterness obvious here is indicative that it was an embarrassment for you at some point in time.

...hey, surprisingly enough, I have a helpful suggestion.  I'm at the bike co-op, on a different 'puter, and it would not let me log on until I cleared my browser history of everything that had anything to do with the site prior to the upgrade.  I'm using Chrome, like most members living in the first world.

Tried to add an event to the calendar:

http://www.civilwar.org/aboutus/events/park-day/

This annual event brings history enthusiasts together in an effort to help keep our nation’s heritage not only preserved, but pristine.

Since 1996, the Civil War Trust has sponsored Park Day, an annual hands-on preservation event to help Civil War — and now Revolutionary War — battlefields and historic sites take on maintenance projects large and small. Activities are chosen by each participating site to meet their own particular needs and can range from raking leaves and hauling trash to painting signs and trail buildings.

Here's a screen shot:

EX0.thumb.jpg.3128b088506d8652224ae4f02e

If you would please put this on your list to look into when you've addressed the more urgent concerns (as I'm assuming this didn't occur due to my ineptitude).

Thanks...

Tried to add an event to the calendar:

http://www.civilwar.org/aboutus/events/park-day/

This annual event brings history enthusiasts together in an effort to help keep our nation’s heritage not only preserved, but pristine.

Since 1996, the Civil War Trust has sponsored Park Day, an annual hands-on preservation event to help Civil War — and now Revolutionary War — battlefields and historic sites take on maintenance projects large and small. Activities are chosen by each participating site to meet their own particular needs and can range from raking leaves and hauling trash to painting signs and trail buildings.

Here's a screen shot:

If you would please put this on your list to look into when you've addressed the more urgent concerns (as I'm assuming this didn't occur due to my ineptitude).

Thanks...

​Thank you for reporting this, it seems to be broken.  :(  I will report a bug to the vendor.

I've given up on trying to be a pleaser, you people cannot be made happy.  I received countless complaints about the welcome and birthday bots.  Now they are gone and you're still complaining.

If the people who created them update them, they will be back.

​I am happy now!  

I've given up on trying to be a pleaser, you people cannot be made happy.  I received countless complaints about the welcome and birthday bots.  Now they are gone and you're still complaining.

If the people who created them update them, they will be back.

​I think we need a RandomWarningPointBot to assign warning points in a completely irrational manner.

And perhaps an AsSeenOnTVBot to insert advertisements for things like Chia Pets and ShamWOW! and The BeDazzler into threads so Forumites will buy them and in turn enhance the financial stability of this site.

Same thing with the Shops tab -- only I can't ever get that to work.  Broken link.

​Good.  I'm not the only one then.  Usually this happens to me when I first log in.  Moving from one page to another usually clears the problem.  I have tried clearing cookies and I have relinked a new address for the home page without help.  I haven't changed any of the settings I was using without problem before.  I am using Chrome from a chromebook just like toddles but I don't know what petitepedal is using.  

OOPS something went wrong error code EX126.

​Why don't you take today off from fixing stuff?  Really.  Go do something else today.  It won't hurt if this place stews in its own juice for a day.

Or even two.

​You are a damn horrible slavedriver, you know that?  Stuff won't get done unless he is on it day and night, and whatever is in between, and also in a few other dimensions.

How goes the moving the quote/edit and "back to the cafe buttons" to the right side where they intuitively belong?

​Not currently working on it.  There are still a few new updates coming that will fix a lot of the errors we are getting and add back some features we are missing.

In fact, we should have "back to the cafe" buttons in a couple spots, can you make that happen, too?  

​Not sure what you are referring to, we never had this.  I think it's great that we have it at the bottom of the posts now, there is also the breadcrumb trail at the bottom and top.

​Not currently working on it.  There are still a few new updates coming that will fix a lot of the errors we are getting and add back some features we are missing.

​Not sure what you are referring to, we never had this.  I think it's great that we have it at the bottom of the posts now, there is also the breadcrumb trail at the bottom and top.

​We did have this in the previous software that we all liked enough to need new underwear.  Underneath the last post on the right side was a "back to the cafe" button, I used that all the damn time.  The breadcrumby bit is useful at the top if there are only a couple of posts in a topic, otherwise you spend half your day scrolling up to the top or down way below to get to that one.  Plus, being that it is now on the left side, you gotta scroll all the way to the left, too.  Making it easier is better than making it harder, I feel that leads to a better forum with better participation.

So the the quote/edit function is an error and not a preference?  ???

Making it easier is better than making it harder, I feel that leads to a better forum with better participation.

​I agree and I am trying.  A month from now the site will be beautiful

So the the quote/edit function is an error and not a preference?  ???

​No, but there are other errors and I don't want to mess with the code right now.  Any code changes I make will be overwritten by the pending updates.

​I agree and I am trying.  A month from now the site will be beautiful

​No, but there are other errors and I don't want to mess with the code right now.  Any code changes I make will be overwritten by the pending updates.

​Oh, that makes sense.  When are the updates coming?