Concerns / complaints / suggestions

Square Wheels

​I don't see anything wrong with that user.  Maybe the new version has better puppet management, or a puppet master?

​It was and is user error.  Forgot what I named my sock.  Tried to reset password and your shitty software gave me an error code.  FIX IT.................1

​...how can you be sad listening to bird song ?  I used to feed those grosbeaks just because they made me feel joyful.

Before I had my Hearing aids I was unable to hear the Skylarks singing in Spring and I thought that I would never do so again. The sound always signalled the beginning of new life to me and I missed that sound more than I can tell. I wrote a poem speaking of experiencing this happiness when hearing the Lark's song on a fine Spring morning while cycling with a close friend, who is now gone.

Unanounced it came

on that bright morning

and not a word we spoke

but turned our heads, each towards the other

and in a look

welcomed it.

Why did it come?

Was it the air, so sweet and cold

or the warm Sun on our backs?

Did it drift down, pierced by the Lark's crystal notes

as they tumbled from that great blue vault?

• Heart 3

My only complaint about the new software is my company firewall now prevents me from posting to this forum.  It doesn't like something.  Blows cuz it means I actually have to do some work.

​That would be odd.  I suspect it's more related to content.  When I had tags turned on I got blocked too.  Then I moved the site to a new URL.  So far so good.  It's not like I can put in a request to have the block removed.

​That would be odd.  I suspect it's more related to content.  When I had tags turned on I got blocked too.  Then I moved the site to a new URL.  So far so good.  It's not like I can put in a request to have the block removed.

There are some things I can do... but been thinking that this restriction is a good thing.

It's like 

Before I had my Hearing aids I was unable to hear the Skylarks singing in Spring and I thought that I would never do so again. The sound always signalled the beginning of new life to me and I missed that sound more than I can tell. I wrote a poem speaking of experiencing this happiness when hearing the Lark's song on a fine Spring morning while cycling with a close friend, who is now gone.

Unanounced it came

on that bright morning

and not a word we spoke

but turned our heads, each towards the other

and in a look

welcomed it.

Why did it come?

Was it the air, so sweet and cold

or the warm Sun on our backs?

Did it drift down, pierced by the Lark's crystal notes

as they tumbled from that great blue vault?

..hey onbike, the swallows have returned here in California.  No song to speak of, but they are busy patching up the old colony mud nests under the bike trail bridge where I stand sometimes and watch them.:) 

..hey onbike, the swallows have returned here in California.  No song to speak of, but they are busy patching up the old colony mud nests under the bike trail bridge where I stand sometimes and watch them.:) 

​It would be an act of kindness if you could refrain from mentioning the weather and the return of Spring in S. California.

I could hardly move this morning because of my aching bones and sure enough rain is forecast in a couple of hours.

...I cannot believe there are still people who have never heard John Prine sing "Dear Abby." You owe it to yourself to listen when you have four minutes to burn.

​I just listened to that Don McClean wanna-be.  First time I heard it.  Not bad.  Now I've got some Iron Maiden for you.  It's only 13:50 long.  You'll enjoy it,

Edited by dotman17

Notifications are not working for me, even with the Simple Blue Theme that got them working before.

And about every other time I go to the site, I just get a listing of links that don;t work - I see my avatar and such, but the site is non-functional.  Then if I log in later, anywhere from a few minutes to hours or days later, it is working again.  This is on both Ubuntu and Mac.

And edit still doesn't work for me.

Don McClean was learning to play Chopsticks and was thinking that Roses are red, Violets are blue, my poo stinks and so do you was pure poetry when John Prine wrote that Classic.

Now here's a love song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5axlwCBXC8

When I tried to use the insert other media for that link it worked for about an hour and didn't finish loading.

Don McClean was learning to play Chopsticks and was thinking that Roses are red, Violets are blue, my poo stinks and so do you was pure poetry when John Prine wrote that Classic.

Now here's a love song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5axlwCBXC8

When I tried to use the insert other media for that link it worked for about an hour and didn't finish loading.

​So you FNGs are all John Prine fans?  Very good!  :D

AWESOME!!!

Since SW changed servers, I can again access the forum from work.  :D

​OK, so here's the bad (or good) news, I didn't move to the new server yet.  That will be a lot of work, has risks, and I can't confirm the new server will be better.  It seems that this new version requires significantly more resources.  I may have to find its own private server, which is a pretty big expense.

​OK, so here's the bad (or good) news, I didn't move to the new server yet.  That will be a lot of work, has risks, and I can't confirm the new server will be better.  It seems that this new version requires significantly more resources.  I may have to find its own private server, which is a pretty big expense.

​Then not sure what changed, but suddenly it works again, either way I'm not complaining, others might though.

• Heart 1