Concerns / complaints / suggestions

Square Wheels

I have a suggestion, please.

So right now if you're on the main index page I don't have a way to refresh to see the updates.  

I have to hit off topic then come back to the Cafe. If the Cafe could act like a refresh button it would be nice. 

Wasn't something like that the case on the old system? 

I have a suggestion, please.

So right now if you're on the main index page I don't have a way to refresh to see the updates.  

I have to hit off topic then come back to the Cafe. If the Cafe could act like a refresh button it would be nice. 

Wasn't something like that the case on the old system? 

Click the star at the top of 5he mobile view or view new content  (I think) on the full view. 

...I have broad shoulders, and am used to accepting the blame for everything that goes awry. th_bf-umbrellared.gif In truth, I am involved in so much mischief that I probably don't get blamed enough in life, so it is gratifying to have some good, old fashioned blame thrust upon me.  

I shall work very hard to muster up the appropriate level of guilt  for my transgressions................................................................716519_shame.gif

• Heart 1

the whole reply script, the script, the html tags, the lot....doesn't work in IE 11 at all. So I had to post this from Google to let you know that IE 11 can't reply to anything

​I'm working on that now.  I have it moved, but it's interfering with the signatures.

​Can we just get rid of the signatures?  I personally feel that signatures are like whistling in that the only person enjoying it is the signer/whistler, and are just generally damn annoying for everyone else.

Edited by Randomguy™

​Can we just get rid of the signatures?  I personally feel that signatures are like whistling in that the only person enjoying it is the signer/whistler, and are just generally damn annoying for everyone else.

That's like asking for all the people that eat green beans to be shot because you don't like green beans.

Dumbest request so far.  OK, maybe not the dumbest, but right up there with a typical AWWC request.

You can turn off signatures for yourself.   There should be a dropdown to the right of the signature,  see what's there. 

• Heart 1

the whole reply script, the script, the html tags, the lot....doesn't work in IE 11 at all. So I had to post this from Google to let you know that IE 11 can't reply to anything

Thanks, I'm using chrome also. It just took me six tries to log back on. I wish I could just stay logged on but I'm on a shared puter.:(

Nate,  try clearing everything from Explorer,  that worked for me.   Explorer is caching the old site. 

Scooter,  do you allow cookies from this site on the shared computer? 

My signature lines will always be added to my posts ABOVE the sig line just to piss off RG.

You are a better forumite than I am on all levels.   - Jsharr 12/4/14 

1029.3 miles from Casa Jsharr

Your welcome

​Seriously, if you are a whistler, you are annoying people and you sound like shit.  If you are one, I hope to have offended you enough so that you never do it in public again.

​...in the first place, you haven't the capacity to offend me, you twinkie.  In the second, my whistling is of concert quality, and transports those fortunate enough to be within hearing to a place of happiness and good cheer.  Third, and lastly, you have now confirmed that your inability to whistle is likely due to personal inadequacy and a tiny penis.

Do you still hate me? 

​I never hated you, but still feel like a freshly-laid turd was placed in my hand yesterday, like a little chocolate easter turd.  I washed the hand, but won't feel the dirt is off until the quote and other buttons are on the right along with the "get your ass back to the cafe" selection.

​I'm thinking maybe the problem could be on my end. We upgraded our antivirus protection this weekend too, but I'm only having issues here. I'll try playing around with all the settings. Thanks SW.

​...in the first place, you haven't the capacity to offend me, you twinkie.  In the second, my whistling is of concert quality, and transports those fortunate enough to be within hearing to a place of happiness and good cheer.  Third, and lastly, you have now confirmed that your inability to whistle is likely due to personal inadequacy and a tiny penis.

​I feel I have offended you already.  You are wrong about whistling, and my penis does all the whistling that needs to be done.

Seriously, though, whistling in public is an arrogant act.  It assumes people would be pleased to hear whatever utterance someone wants to pull out of their ass.  I have always concluded that whistlers are obtuse at best, completely unaware at worst, but definitely people you just don't want to be around.

Edited by Randomguy™

Nate,  try clearing everything from Explorer,  that worked for me.   Explorer is caching the old site. 

​I cleared the cache and also had to take this site out of that "compatability mode"

that put everything back right, so there's another bit of info for you....if clearing caches doesn't bring the site back, check that this site isn't listed in Compatability Mode in IE 11