Why Are the Forum Regulars (Old Guys) So Averse to Change?

Page Turner

Because we came here because of forced change. Now we're forced to change again.   :(

The difference is this change is an improvement but it's still change.  Would be like your wife wanting to move from your starter house to the house on Crescent Avenue. Well maybe I don't want to move. Maybe she'll meet a lawyer at the country club and divorce you 2 years later.  

But I digress.  :(

All change is bad. 

Forums should be like AOL. You can keep 2.0 if you want. 

Leave me alone 

• Heart 1

Because we came here because of forced change. Now we're forced to change again.   :(

The difference is this change is an improvement but it's still change.  Would be like your wife wanting to move from your starter house to the house on Crescent Avenue. Well maybe I don't want to move. Maybe she'll meet a lawyer at the country club and divorce you 2 years later.  

But I digress.  :(

All change is bad. 

Forums should be like AOL. You can keep 2.0 if you want. 

Leave me alone 

​I agree with most of this, although I don't know why we would voluntarily change softwar/UI over minor and incremental improvements, I would think a massive improvement would be the carrot needed.  Nobody spoke up, though, because the previous changes here weren't this noticeable.  A couple tweaks I mentioned about location of certain functions and real estate/spacing and it probably wouldn't seem so onerous.

Change is also a reminder that you are expendable and irrelevant to the process. Sure you have a vote but that's all it is. 

Don't you like the detached garage, honey? 

No because it's you and the attorney that will be parking in it a year from now. :(  All this  could be solved by allowing the use of the old formats. 

Like AOL!  

20 years from now when most of you are posting from your ring phones Cheese still could post occasionally from his dial up. 

• Heart 1

...I haven't heard this much mindless complaint about little stuff since we put mom in the old folks home. Jeeesus, roll with it people.

I haven't even been on long enough to see the changes yet, but agree in principle. Every time a forum does so much as change the color of a single word, the curmudgeons come out in force. It's always annoying. Roll with it you curmudgeonly old farts!

I haven't even been on long enough to see the changes yet, but agree in principle. Every time a forum does so much as change the color of a single word, the curmudgeons come out in force. It's always annoying. Roll with it you curmudgeonly old farts!

​Quit your bitching about our bitching.  Besides, you are on pain meds for this, so your judgement is questionable just yet.

• Heart 1

​Quit your bitching about our bitching.  Besides, you are on pain meds for this, so your judgement is questionable just yet.

​And why are the new guys being critical of us who have been here from the beginning?  Who are they to question our questioning of what we find to be questionable? 

• Heart 1

No, I have to be fair here. The format is snappy and beautiful. The few glitches I'm sure will be fixed quickly. SW cares unlike the big forums. 

But, sometimes it's still hard.  :(

I just want to be able to talk to Kirby, and to a lesser extent, Wilbur. 

I call this the Nintendo syndrome.  The 64 was king of the world but they just had to keep improving and modifying for their customers. Problem with that is someone bigger and better will always come along and make people forget you. 

I just wanted to jump barrels with Mario and save the princess. Not race go carts and fly in jets.   :(

I don't want to insert other media. At best I want to add an attachment. 

Immediate Change = Radical

Moderate Change = Liberal

Slow Change = Conservative

This explains much of America's current demographics and should help explain all the complaints in here.

​I'm glad you have us figured out.  Change for the sake of change is no virtue.  

I think that those of us who are plankowners on this site have a right to their opinion as to whether this "upgrade" is truly an upgrade or not.

The whole point of an open forum is a free expression of ideas and opinions.  If you want a forum where people just STFU and accept whatever is thrown at them, then you are going to be disappointed here.

I think that those of us who are plankowners on this site have a right to their opinion as to whether this "upgrade" is truly an upgrade or not.

The whole point of an open forum is a free expression of ideas and opinions.  If you want a forum where people just STFU and accept whatever is thrown at them, then you are going to be disappointed here.

​Please point out all of your helpful comments and suggestions when I took the time to create a test site for you to play with.  I repeatedly encouraged people to try it out to make sure they were happy and would not be angered by big brother shoving this horrible upgrade down your throat.  I got zero feedback, silly me I took that as acceptance of moving forward with new and advanced software, so yes, I purchased the upgrade.

I have been up days and weeks planning how I could make this site worse and make everyone unhappy, yay, I have succeeded.

• Heart 2

​Please point out all of your helpful comments and suggestions when I took the time to create a test site for you to play with.  I repeatedly encouraged people to try it out to make sure they were happy and would not be angered by big brother shoving this horrible upgrade down your throat.  I got zero feedback, silly me I took that as acceptance of moving forward with new and advanced software, so yes, I purchased the upgrade.

I have been up days and weeks planning how I could make this site worse and make everyone unhappy, yay, I have succeeded.

​Now settle down plank master.  To tell you the truth, I have already forgotten what the old format looked like.  This is cool and the work is appreciated by most if not all. :)

Don't make me take down my wall poster of you and Jens! :)

.  Would be like your wife wanting to move from your starter house to the house on Crescent Avenue. Well maybe I don't want to move. Maybe she'll meet a lawyer at the country club and divorce you 2 years later.  

All change is bad. 

Leave me alone 

​...my first divorce was a huge improvement.  Just sayin'.

• Heart 1

​...just STFU and accept whatever is thrown at you.

It all Depends. On a tablet, these are not minor and mental improvements. It's night and day better.

​I use a real computer, like John Wayne did.  None of this anti-American tablet crap for me, I want optimization for this computer, and for the computers at work where the rest of you spend most of your posting time!

• Heart 1

​I work in the software industry so I"m totally used to change.  I didn't mean any offense and of course you should speak your mind.

​Both.  Gas.

​I'm blowing the sheet covers off the bed.  I got it rolling this morning.

Edited by dotman17

​I use a real computer, like John Wayne did.  None of this anti-American tablet crap for me, I want optimization for this computer, and for the computers at work where the rest of you spend most of your posting time!

​See, that's the neat thing about this software.  It's optimized.  Not for a desktop, tablet or phone, but for everything.  What is a desktop?  A 15" monitor?  19, 24 widescreen, 32"?  Everything is different and it gets more complicated everyday.  The lines between phones and tablets are greatly blurred.

The software will detect what you are using and help display the best experience.