Mentions

Square Wheels

OK, so at first I thought this option wasn't working, but it looks like it does.  If you want to put a link to a user in a post type the at (@) sign, then without any spaces start typing their username.  You might need to pause a little.  A dropdown will show up where you can select the user.  This will notify the user (i they elected to receive those notifications) and create a popup in the post for their profile.

@Square Wheels

@Randomguy™

@Krazy ™

@jsharr

@Kzoo

Pretty cool

In what instance would you do this?  I am not sure what this is all about, can you give an example?

It's called Mentions, so I guess if you want to mention someone.  Let's say you heard a really funny story and you wanted to make sure another forum member was properly credited and was also notified, you'd say something like " @Square Wheels told me a really funny joke..."  That way I'd be listed in the post and get a notification too.​

Thanks @Square Wheels

​You need to pause a little and let the system show you a list.  If you select from the list it will then be underlined.

Edited by Square Wheels

...@jsharr is a Texan, therefore @jsharr is an idiot.  @Page Turner is an idiot, but @Page Turner is not a Texan.  Thus all idiots are not Texans, but all Texans are idiots. QED

I waited like an idiot for something to happen after I typed @jsharr.  You got me good @Square Wheels.:blush:

...@jsharr is a Texan, therefore @jsharr is an idiot.  @Page Turner is an idiot, but @Page Turner is not a Texan.  Thus all idiots are not Texans, but all Texans are idiots. QED

I waited like an idiot for something to happen after I typed @jsharr.  You got me good @Square Wheels.:blush:

Darn it.  It should have worked.   What are you using yo post?

@Page Turner

it worked on my phone too.

It's called Mentions, so I guess if you want to mention someone.  Let's say you heard a really funny story and you wanted to make sure another forum member was properly credited and was also notified, you'd say something like " @Square Wheels told me a really funny joke..."  That way I'd be listed in the post and get a notification too.​

You need to pause a little and let the system show you a list.  If you select from the list it will then be underlined.

I thought I did @Square Wheels

@Square Wheels - works on the Mac, but not Linux.  Diverse redundancy, baby!

Hmm _ I thought t worked - it showed me the SW avatar a few seconds after I typed it, but maybe I needed to click on it or something?  Yup!

Now off to my preferences t see how to allow the notifications.

@Square Wheels

Edited by The Inedible Bulk