Breed of the day

Airehead

Yep, the Airedale is so yesterday.  Those Bouviers can be a handful, eh?

​The coat, yes.  We had 6 once, back in the hearding days.  Incredibly strong dogs and almost a natural enemy of Rotty's.  They used to heard up the kids (ours) at the park which was kind of funny.  

• Heart 2

The Rottweiler is often misunderstood

I am going to watch that when I am on lunch break.  I'd have a Rottie or two or five if Mr. Aire didn't only have eyes for the Airedales.  Maybe I could just borrow a couple of yours?

Rotties are great dogs and I didn't slight them nor mean to. They and Bouviers just don't get along and in every case I have seen, Rotties are the aggressor.

Heh. Didn't even see your post before I posted,

Like anything else, it comes down to the individual dog and socialization by the owner. I think Zöe was taken from her mother too soon and never really learned "doggie ettiquette", so she's always been fairly beligerent with other dogs. As a consequence, Gus hasn't been around other dogs much, so he's also somewhat beligerent. (TBH, the one time the neighbors' dogs were in our yard, he ran two of them off and body slammed the third and just stood over it, growling, so he knows "restraint").

OTOH, Sierra, our first one was a complete, mellow sweetheart and got along with everyone. (Unless you were a rodent. Then she was a Death Machine)

The Bouvier is one I have not yet seen at the dog park.  I was excited to see an Airedale, a Griffon (the big one), a Briard and even a Leonberger!  We even saw an Irish Water Spaniel named Snufflupagus - they called her 'Snuffy' for short (it was awesome).

But I'm becoming quite partial to our Carolina Dog.  :)