Damnit I am an idiot

Allen

locked the keys in the car, with my wallet, and the lights on. No spare. 

Going to be late and broke tomorrow. 

​Did the same in the summer but the car wasn't running and my phone was also inside.  Das station attendant was happy to call the auto club so he could collect. 

When I bought my Element it only came with one key.  The car lot said they would get me a spare key, they lied.  I went to a Honda dealer and bought a spare key.  $200.00, I have never used it or needed it.  I'll bet if I hadn't bought it I would have wished I did.

When I bought my Element it only came with one key.  The car lot said they would get me a spare key, they lied.  I went to a Honda dealer and bought a spare key.  $200.00, I have never used it or needed it.  I'll bet if I hadn't bought it I would have wished I did.

​For future reference, Hom Depot sells them for aboot $60, although that was a few years ago.  And also for an older car, with a chip, but probably not as 'spensive as current keys.  These days its all wireless and crap. $$$$  (but I think current ones are more like $500-700 or so).  Progress.

Edited by The Inedible Bulk

Sounds like you were in the same boat as a buddy of mine. We went mountain biking and he chucked his keys inside his Exploder because he didn't want to carry them and has the jukebox buttons on the door to unlock,

We got done with the ride and he punched in the unlock code.....and the locks started unlocking and re-locking "KATHUNKKATHUNKKATHUNKKATHUNK..."

I said "Cool. Now, not only are your keys locked inside, but your battery is eating itself.."

I have keyless entry on my car, I had it on my last car too.  I will never get another car without it.  I can leave my "key" in my pocket or gym bag and lock, unlock and start the car without taking it out.  I also can't lock the key in the car.

I read somewhere that some car manufacturers will be building an option like that into smartphones.  Sometimes I love technology.

​You can usually still do it if you take the key out of the ignition and lay it on the seat.

​.

...nope.  It's one of those Nissan Intellikey thingies that the car senses remotely.  If the car thinks it's inside, the locks won't work.  It's a LEAF, and every time I get in it I feel like I'm flying one of the shuttlecraft from the Enterprise.  I wish someone would market a "sexy time" voice package, because the GPS voiceover is very pleasant and polite.

I'm certain that if I ever lose the key a replacement will cost me a thousand dollars.

​I'm actually wondering if Page's car actually talks to him and let's him know if he's left the key on the front seat or if there are any used condoms in the back seat anywhere.

​.

...let's just tell the truth here.  You are wondering if you can get my car to talk dirty to you while you masturbate.  I think you can, but you have to reprogram the GPS.  :)

I wish someone would market a "sexy time" voice package, because the GPS voiceover is very pleasant and polite.

yes, then when your car testifies against you in court it would have a pretty speaking voice

A couple years ago, I locked my keys in my truck at the gas pump..thankfully only about a mile or mile and a half from home.  Came home and started looking for my extra set of keys...COULD NOT FIND THEM...thankfully I remembered that I had given my spare set to the maintenance guy when I went to South Africa...I thought it would cost me $20 to get a board member to get the keys from the lock box...but they did not charge me...and a neighbor gave me a ride back to the gas station...but it was close there when I could not find the keys...

I do not have any kind of spare for my Mazda...I need to get one...an electronic one is spendy so I will opt for the basic key which is like $100...

Hope this wasn't too expensive.

The shoestring did not work. 

I am now pricing out locksmiths vs window repair. 

Note to self: put universal window key through rear passenger window, not driver's window. 

​Pay the locksmith.  You will never have and end to the problems bits of broken safety glass will cause down the road.  I know this.