Potholes

maddmaxx

They are what happens when the damned snow starts to melt.  It's one of those be careful what you wish for things.

​You had to remind me, our road has been the smoothest it's ever been this winter.  Once it starts snowing and freezing the snow and ice fill all the potholes and the snowplows scrape it smooth.  The other added bonus to winter driving is you can drive as fast as you want and you don't kick up any dust. Oh the joys of living on a dirt road.

• Heart 1

Are there quite a few potters in your area?  I bet you will be glad when the ground thaws and they can move back to their normal clay pits and quit digging up the road to get clay for their pots.

Did you get that funny from your friend SquareOne?

Potholes aren't much of an issue in my area, but chip-seal is all over the place. 

The only time chip-seal really bothers me is when they use it on roads that need more help than it can provide. 

Agreed, last year the state chip sealed a section of state highway that was in perfect condition.  It was the roughest chip seal I've ever seen.  I don't even like to drive my car on it now.  They messed up a good 10 miles of route for me.  This is the first state road I've seen here chip sealed.  Usually it's secondary roads.