Morning commute rant - with language

Dirtyhip

So, I was riding along, on my seek, minding my own business.  I was all alone in my head thinking about my tax appointment and pondering all the things I was going to do today.  This guy that works at my company came hauling ass up to me and grabs my kidney area and charges off.  It scared the crap out of me.  I screamed and my whole bike swayed.  I almost layed it down on the road.  Oh, I was so pissed.  I screamed "FUCK YOU!!!!"  and then after some slight composure I yelled "I want that week of my life back."

This same douche nozzle loves to whizz past when I am on my fat bike and says snide comments like "Are you going camping?" or "Your bike is slow."  OK, yes...I ride utility bikes.  I love them.  Besides, I am in no hurry to get to work.  He is on a fast road bike with slicks.  Who cares?  

The funny thing is that he is further up the food chain, and I just cussed out one of the uppers.  Honestly, I could care less.  I wasn't at work yet and he had no business touching me.  My heart didn't stop racing for several minutes.  What a total jerk face.

The him he needs to review the sexual harassment policy. Inappropriate touching of another employee without prior consent of that employee could be concidered a violation and possibly lead to the unemployment line... or you just tell him to quit being an ass or you're going to start carrying a stick to shove in his front wheel.   :whistle:

Edited by UglyBob
  • Heart 1

​How much less?

​That's an odd policy you have, he's only allowed to touch you at work?

​I meant that I wasn't at work, so screaming F YOU at him is my personal choice and I can't be reprimanded for my choice of words at a superior.

Never even considered the sexual harassment angle.  :scratch head:

Never even considered the sexual harassment angle

good for you!

trying to make everything some sort of touchy-feely HR thing is such a left coast pinko hippy liberal  attitude

you should be commended for overcoming living on the left coast and being a hippy to do the right thing and shove a broomstick into his front fork :)

Actually, it doesn't have to happen at work.  It's still inappropriate contact by a superior that can create a hostile environment in the work place. 

​quit trying to egg her on...she's doing the right thing by yelling "fuck you" and throwing something into his front wheel

• Heart 1

I know she's a smart girl and will manage this on her own, I don't advocate violence.  If he thinks it's OK to grab her whenever he wants, he may also think it's OK to hit back.  I'd try talking with him, and if that doesn't resolve it I'd talk with HR / the police.  If you do talk with him, don't pussyfoot around the topic, be blunt.  "I do not like it when you touch me, ever.  Please do not touch me again."

I am not going to HR.  Honestly, I doubt he ever messes with me again.  My F YOU was pointed and said in a very hostile manner.  

​it would work better if the broomstick was pointed

it would jam into the spokes better

Actually, it doesn't have to happen at work.  It's still inappropriate contact by a superior that can create a hostile environment in the work place. 

​Thank you Bob.  Any superior or co-worker is still a superior or co-worker when they are not inside the 4 walls of the business.

​Thank you Bob.  Any superior or co-worker is still a superior or co-worker when they are not inside the 4 walls of the business.

you guys are destroying America

harassment policies never did anything for anybody...what you need is baseball bats after work

THAT what gets problems solved! 

​it would work better if the broomstick was pointed

it would jam into the spokes better

​Yeah, the guy sounds like he's not really worth the cost of a frame pump, but it is easier to claim, "I was just riding along and it fell off my bike when he startled me!"

Actually, I have an old frame pump in the garage I'd be willing to sacrifice... :whistle:

Edited by UglyBob

No HR department will touch this. 

It didn't happen on company time or property, and she has no proof whatsoever. 

Um, yes they will.  They will record it in their files.  And if she doesn't say something, they will have no record of it.  He does't need to get fired but if she did not want him touching her then it's inappropriate contact.  Subsequent inappropriate contact only becomes sexual harassment if the first incident is reported.

If she thinks that his touching her is just fine then it is not inappropriate contact, it is consensual contact.  If she wants to allow the consensual contact to continue, all she has to do ignore it.   If she wants to allow the consensual contact to continue, all she has to do is continue to scream FU or report it (I'm sure the screaming will work - right).  Every guy with half a brain knows that you do not touch a female co-worker, ever, without putting your career on the line.

• Heart 2

She has no proof whatsoever. HR won't touch it. 

You're making the mistake of assuming that rules surrounding inappropriate contact require proof.  They do not to go in the file.  They, by law, have to record it if she reports it - proof or not.

You're making the mistake of assuming that rules surrounding inappropriate contact require proof.  They do not to go in the file.  They, by law, have to record it if she reports it - proof or not.

She can report it all she wants, but if HR takes any action against her superior, he can start a lawsuit against the employer. 

A Go-Pro would be great to record the harrassment. 

One way or another, this incident has to be addressed, before the end of the day and preferably before noon.

One option is to go directly to Mr. Kidney Grabber, tell him this behaviour is inexcusable and if it happens again, a formal complaint will be filed. The other is to go to Mr. Kidney Grabber's immediate supervisor to report the incident.  

• Heart 1

My corporate leader's handbook gives the proper response to a sexual harassment complaint as being "Don't act like you don't like it, sweetie"

hmm...looks like an older edition. Apparently this guide was published in 1978