Should bands be allowed to trade members?

Square Wheels

I mean, this isn't the NFL here.  I'm not talking about small meaningless bands, but big bands.  What if Led Zeppelin hired a new drummer?  They would not have been the same, ever.

I was shocked to hear that KISS was still performing, but I guess they are a comedy act now like the Harlem Globetrotters and just keep replacing people.

People should never be allowed to trade or change.  It's only through our dedicated single mindedness to remain exactly the same that we ever attain consistency.

I for example have never shopped at Sears again after I found that they had made a change to the shade of purple I liked on a shirt I once bought there.

Edited by maddmaxx
  • Heart 1

every year bands get to draft new players to fill positions in their lineup based on their position in the Top 40 Countdown

Bands at #40 get first pick and the #1 band doesn't get to pick until the end of the first round.

this is how Metallica picked up Jason Newsted from Flotsom and Jetsam in 1986 after their bassist died and a roster spot became open going into the 1986 season

Then there were some high profile trades like Paul McCartney going from the Beatles to Wings for an Asian conceptual artist and a whole lot of cash

There was also the famous trade sending singer Sammy Haggar to Van Halen for a headband, a bottle of whiskey and David Lee Roth

the only reason we don't ever hear about these deals is because MTV hasn't covered the music scene since 1985. The sports leagues have ESPN to report on trades and free agency pickups. MTV just shows dismal reality shows about over privileged suburban kids who want to be hipsters someday 

• Heart 2

All I know is Metis and Inuit are not part of the bands therefore, trading of members is not allowed.

​Now I had to go out and learn a bunch of previously unknown things about bands, band councils etc.

I have one unanswered question though.  Does this mean there are lots of stories in Canada that begin "one day at band camp"?

• Heart 1

​Now I had to go out and learn a bunch of previously unknown things about bands, band councils etc.

I have one unanswered question though.  Does this mean there are lots of stories in Canada that begin "one day at band camp"?

​I am sure there are, but none that I have been included in. ;)