UGH....taxes

Dirtyhip

:nod head:The 1% are always complaining.

​No crap, but then I pay more in taxes than some people earn in a lifetime.  Then last year we got audited, and holy crap that hurt.  Plus my I pay my retired mothers taxes, she's on fixed income and can't afford it.

I can't even begin to tell you how angry I get at taxes and the absurd waste of what happens with my money.

​No crap, but then I pay more in taxes than some people earn in a lifetime.  Then last year we got audited, and holy crap that hurt.  Plus my I pay my retired mothers taxes, she's on fixed income and can't afford it.

I can't even begin to tell you how angry I get at taxes and the absurd waste of what happens with my money.

​Someones got to pay for the EIC that all the undocumented folks will be getting.......

​Someones got to pay for the EIC that all the undocumented folks will be getting.......

​And the New York Assembly passed the "Dream Act" to provide college scholarships for illegal aliens.

So, my children were citizens of this country, they worked to earn money and took out loans to pay for college educations, were denied scholarships and financial aid because our family wasn't 'income eligible', and my wife and I (citizens of this country) took out loans to pay for our children's educations.

And the state government wants to give money away to people whose primary qualification for this aid is they broke the law.

• Heart 3

​And the New York Assembly passed the "Dream Act" to provide college scholarships for illegal aliens.

So, my children were citizens of this country, they worked to earn money and took out loans to pay for college educations, were denied scholarships and financial aid because our family wasn't 'income eligible', and my wife and I (citizens of this country) took out loans to pay for our children's educations.

And the state government wants to give money away to people whose primary qualification for this aid is they broke the law.

​Doesn't this want to make you go postal on your senators and congressman?  I guess that might make some people here think of Lance, but that too is fitting since he is also a cheating liar, but a darn fast one.

• Heart 1

​Doesn't this want to make you go postal on your senators and congressman? 

​It makes me want to 'go postal' on people who talk about others paying their 'fair share'.  The 'fair share' is always mentioned in the context of 'wealthier' person coughing up more money to the government to pay for a program or benefit for someone who is 'poor'. 

As to our elected representatives, I wish they would pay more attention to Alexander Hamilton: “The inquiry constantly is what will please, not what will benefit the people. In such a government there can be nothing but temporary expedient, fickleness, and folly.”  Curiously (or perhaps not!) that quote is taken from one of his letters where he discussed how New York State put together its budget.

How times have not changed.

• Heart 2

I love taxes and think they are far to easy as is.  We need to figure out a way to make them far more complicated and convoluted.

<WoIndy needs a raise to pay for the new kid>