I miss Walter Cronkite

AirwickWithCheese

Cheese, until you can prove otherwise, I cannot accept your statement about his lies.

What I have always respected about him was his approach to news reporting. Aside from his commentary on the Vietnam War on Feb. 27, 1968, he did not put his own views into his reporting. His Vietnam statement was made after much investigation and he could support his conclusion. And this was something which happened only once in his entire career.

His example still has much to teach those of us who work in journalism.

Edited by Destination

I feel I owe punitive damages now and I will be sending a check to the Cronkite estate.

You're entitled to your own opinions, Mr. Cheese, and I will always respect those opinions.

As for sending a cheque to the Cronkite estate, I think Walter would be happy to know we are discussing his role in the news media. This discussion is worth more than any monetary compensation.

"And that's the way it is."

• Heart 1

I saw him once on a street in Manhattan, and he didn't say hello.  I don't think he was very friendly.  I didn't say hi to him either because I need to concentrate when riding a trike on the streets of Manhattan.