Weekend plans...other than turning your clock ahead 1 hour Saturday NIght

petitepedal

Saturday, mountainbike ride in the park, and an afternoon at the pump track.  We have some mods to do on the track we built last season and the old track is dry, so some pumps are in order.

Sunday I have a challenging road ride planned.  18 mile climb ... 5000 feet to conquer.  Basically,climb a mountain twice in a day.  It should rip up my leg muscles quite well. HAHA  

I have to work Saturday,  Saturday night we have couples dart league.  For Sunday I don't know I wanted to go cross country skiing but with the weather forecast in the 40s the trails will be crap. 

UP Builder's Show in Marquette Saturday. On Sunday I have to stick a little glue under the kitchen tiles we put down the other day. The tiles are about 25 years old, so the sticky isn't as good as it seemed. Basically just a putterin' around kind of project.

I'm going to do a little computer shopping. My laptop is a few years old and I'm thinking of getting a pc.  I have an old Dell that still works but it runs on Windows 98. I have Saturday off work so that will be a good time to do some shopping.

​Put either Lubuntu or MINT XFCE linux on it.  Both generally work well on old computers.

I'm going to do a little computer shopping. My laptop is a few years old and I'm thinking of getting a pc.  I have an old Dell that still works but it runs on Windows 98. I have Saturday off work so that will be a good time to do some shopping.

​@ words for you Mr. John…… MacBook

I plan to be crewing on a boat in the Texas Indepence Day Regatta on Lake Ray Hubbard on Saturday and Sunday and then leaving Sunday evening or Monday AM for three days at the ranch owned by the family of that friend of mine.   She got sick a year ago today and we were supposed to leave for the ranch the same day.  So glad we are all getting back there again.

• Heart 1

I plan to be crewing on a boat in the Texas Indepence Day Regatta on Lake Ray Hubbard on Saturday and Sunday and then leaving Sunday evening or Monday AM for three days at the ranch owned by the family of that friend of mine.   She got sick a year ago today and we were supposed to leave for the ranch the same day.  So glad we are all getting back there again.

​So, when I eventually get back to DFW do we get to add sailing to the list of fun.  Ice cream is already on the list, maybe even a bike ride.

• Heart 1

Hopefully, having a baby.  Though now I'm thinking it would be cool if she could hold off until next Saturday so she could be born on pie day.  

Best of luck to you and your wife, Indy.

I actually have no idea what's going on this weekend... my son's Scout outing was postponed and I think that was the only thing on the calendar.  A low-key weekend around the house is just what the doctor ordered. 

​...screwing on a boat was always very enjo...........wait,never mind.

• Heart 1

​@ words for you Mr. John…… MacBook

​A Mac is nice, but it is more satisfying to breath new life into an old laptop with efficient software. :)

Although, I am enjoying my daughter's hand me down MacBook.  It is white and heavy as a rock, but also feels solid as a rock!  And I don;t get THAT many beachballs.  BTW, TY Mr. Kzoo for the tip on the Apple version of the right click.  That is like a secret handshake. :D

Edited by The Inedible Bulk

I am venturing into the lion's lair to look for a new car for my daughter.  I feel like raw meat.  :(

​I never had so much fun car shopping as the time my wife and I took her sister car shopping at the height of the economy crash. Car dealers were selling no cars at all. When we pulled up on a car lot the red carpet was rolled out. Everyone was ready to deal. 

​It's surprisingly easy, use LinuxLive USB creator to make a bootable USB drive with the Linux image on it.  Then reboot with it plugged in the computer.

http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

​But that requires a computer with a BIOS new enough to boot from USB.  But it is probably just aboot as easy from CD.  I need to update my Ubuntu, but I want to do a complete system backup first, just in case it all goes south.

• Heart 1

​But that requires a computer with a BIOS new enough to boot from USB.  But it is probably just aboot as easy from CD.  I need to update my Ubuntu, but I want to do a complete system backup first, just in case it all goes south.

​I got a utility on a boot CD somewhere that then does the USB boot, haven't needed it in such a long time though, don't remember what it was. 

​I got a utility on a boot CD somewhere that then does the USB boot, haven't needed it in such a long time though, don't remember what it was. 

​I didn't try anything with the old PC with Windows 98 yet.  I did go look at some new computers, couldn't make a decision.  My laptop has Windows 7 but it tends to overheat with steady use.  I was having trouble deciding on a computer so I went to the LBS to look at bikes for my granddaughter.  I didn't have any trouble picking out a bicycle that I think she will like.  I took a picture of it and will give her the picture inside a birthday card at her surprise party on Saturday.  Then I will take her to the LBS and let her pick the one she wants.

​I didn't try anything with the old PC with Windows 98 yet.  I did go look at some new computers, couldn't make a decision.  My laptop has Windows 7 but it tends to overheat with steady use.  I was having trouble deciding on a computer so I went to the LBS to look at bikes for my granddaughter.  I didn't have any trouble picking out a bicycle that I think she will like.  I took a picture of it and will give her the picture inside a birthday card at her surprise party on Saturday.  Then I will take her to the LBS and let her pick the one she was.

Have you blown the dust out of the computer, a lot of heat issues can be caused by just dust build up over time.

• Heart 1