About that friend of mine

jsharr

She posted this today.

Well, here it is March 6, 2015. One year ago today I went to the ER and ended up in ICU at Baylor Plano with Septic Shock. Here we go again! I am headed back to the hospital.

This time I am walking in to visit the Doctors and Nurses that saved my life one year ago. Without the wonderful staff at Baylor Plano I would not be here today. It was a long three months in ICU.

I am glad to still be on this earth with my family and friends. Especially to see my two wonderful boys grow up! My oldest told me this week "I would not have survived without you mom!"

Thank you to everyone at Baylor Plano, Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation, and Baylor outpatient rehab at Tom Landry for helping me get back up walking again!

Thank you to everyone who has supported me this past year. The support from my family and close friends have pulled me through hard times. I still have more work to do. But, I have come a long way this past year. 
Thank you!

If you would like to read my story go to caringbridge.org.

Also, last Sunday, her oldest son earned his Arrow of Light and crossed over to a Boy Scout Troop.  She walked into the room with him, no walker, no cane.  It was amazing.  I was so glad to be part of the Crossover ceremony.  And many of you have given vibes, prayers and financial support that helped make this happen.  Thanks.

• Heart 4

That's great stuff, JSharr

from how severe a case of septic shock that was, its hard to believe that a year later she's even still alive

(oh, and there is no "hidden Content", that's just a stupid bug with the new software)

Edited by Square Wheels
Fixed Hidden Content (sorry, can't fix IE)

How did the fund raising go?

​Around $125,000.00 was raised.  Kathryn has some really cool arms and still working on final version of legs.

She still needs a bit of help standing up from a chair without arms, so Sunday night, I was able to hold her hand as she stood up.  I was also able to hand her son's Arrow of Light patch and card.  It put a HUGE smile on all our faces.  

• Heart 1