Wilbur?

AirwickWithCheese

What?  It's the 1 year anniversary.   

​We had this discussion a year ago on 'another' site and the so called forum experts had shit in their heads that they were going to prove to everybody else why it was correct even though their theories didn't match up with the expert's opinion (our beloved Wilbur).  A couple of us recognized that Wilbur was completely bad ass and totally qualified to provide unique insight into the ordeal -- but dem boys were gonna have none of that.

Wilbur left me just when I needed him most.  :(

Ok, I am back.  What is it you want?  My actual theory, my Alien spaceship theory or my Putin did it theory?

Here is what I think.

A few years ago Silk Air had a similar accident but the aircraft crashed in a river and there were witnesses.  Voice and data recorders were recovered and the investigators were able to determine a solid theory as to what happened and the Captain was inevitably blamed.  Because he was blamed and it was considered suicide, his life insurance did not pay out.  Armed with that info, another pilot with similar intent would have to find a better hiding spot.

There were some unproven altitude deviations with MH 370 and enough data fed back to company via ACARS that had shown the aircraft track to have changed direction.  The transponder had been disabled so secondary radar coverage for the track was not available nor was altitude reporting.

The pilot knew that for a short time, there would be primary radar information available to investigators so I suspect a few course changes were thrown in to confuse ATC and investigators.  I suspect the pilot perpetrator waited until his partner left the flight deck to stretch or use the facilities, then put his plan to work.  

If he climbed the aircraft to 410000 as the ACARS suggested, he probably did so to use that point to dump cabin pressurization.  The time of useful consciousness at 410000 is between 7 and 14 seconds.  He of course would have donned his pressure demand oxygen mask.  Once passengers and crew had passed out, he flew the aircraft along a fixed track towards the Bay of Bengal (maybe that was his original plan?or maybe to burn off fuel) before turning the aircraft South into the vast Indian Ocean.  He would have known that finding the wreck would be next to impossible.  

Once he was satisfied things were going as planned, all he had to do is remove his oxygen mask and quietly slip away letting the autopilot fly the aircraft until it ran out of fuel.  If he selected Flight Level Change on the autopilot instead of an altitude hold, the bias would be to maintaining a flying airspeed all the way to the surface.  No inflight break up, no oil slick and a small debris field.

His life insurance would eventually be paid to his heirs and there would be no shame in his death with nothing proven.

Just my best guess..

• Heart 2