What irrational fears do you have?

Square Wheels

Heights. Oddly I am ok in an airplane. Bridge, tall building, screw that. 

If I can feel the building sway, I have no business being there. 

I all but needed a climbing harness to hold the camera over the rail and take this. That's what hell looks like.  

image.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I do not like pulling a sailboat on a trailer over tall bridges.  I really do not care for driving over tall bridges.   I wonder what I would do if I had to drive through the Chunnell?  I do not really like long tunnels, like the ones in the mountains, so I imagine I would really tense up in a tunnel under the ocean.

• Heart 1

I do not like pulling a sailboat on a trailer over tall bridges.  I really do not care for driving over tall bridges.   I wonder what I would do if I had to drive through the Chunnell?  I do not really like long tunnels, like the ones in the mountains, so I imagine I would really tense up in a tunnel under the ocean.

This gives me full on panic attacks. 

They had to put a curve in it.  

image.jpg

Edited by Allen
  • Hugs 1

yea, well its been 25 years since I was in San Diego, but I went to an electronics school on Coronado island when I was in the Navy. That bridge looked sort of like what I remembered 

• Heart 1

Robots.  LIke, not a roomba, but big automated machines.  One wrong move and I can see myself getting strangled by the stupid thing.

That, and large power tools like chainsaws and other machines that can cut limbs off.  I have been able to overcome my fear and run an 18" bar saw, but I was NOT comfortable with it.  If you turn on a welder, I am in the house quicker than you can imagine.

Robots.  LIke, not a roomba, but big automated machines.  One wrong move and I can see myself getting strangled by the stupid thing.

That, and large power tools like chainsaws and other machines that can cut limbs off.  I have been able to overcome my fear and run an 18" bar saw, but I was NOT comfortable with it.  If you turn on a welder, I am in the house quicker than you can imagine.

http://youtu.be/HGSVYgcy24Q

Sorta don't like heights. I can get on the roof of the house no problem.  But ask me to walk on a 2x4 10 stories up....nope. 

Other people driving with me as passenger I don't like. 

Grizzly bears, polar bears, pack of coyotes all make me...uncomfortable. 

2 metre swells in a tiny boat, where you're underwater, more than above water, is terrifying. 

Walking on frozen ponds or lakes I find unsettling.  Especially when you get that low booming noise  of the water hitting the ice  

Scare Labrador. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Labrador

Edited by Digger

I don't know that I have any irrational fears now.  They're usually just dark ones.

I've had panic attacks from having too much loaded on my plate at once by people with unreal expectations who were completely disconnected from the concept of time and resources, and weren't very pleasant in the process.

I have dreams that somebody dressed up in pink and white lace wearing clown shoes and looking exactly like Digger are making, gross, disgusting sexual advances on me and all I can do is vomit in the perpetrators face.

Ohhhhhh, more of that Russian Shower talk.  

​You've been ignoring me.  It seems like you only respond when I make disgusting comments... and here I thought we were friends Diggy.

http://youtu.be/z5OXON8vIaA

Edited by Digger

Mackinac bridge can get interesting during a snowstorm. Once during a crossing, a surprise whiteout popped up out of nowhere. Some guy panicked and stopped his SUV/snomo trailer on the bridge in front of us. The snow started blowing sideways and we were getting a heavy freezing mist from the lake waves. So I jumped out to offer him assistance. He and his family were nearly in tears. I made him slide over and I drove his car the rest of the way to land before someone had a chance to rearend us all. My buddy followed in my truck. I heard they temporarily closed the bridge shortly afterwards till the snowstorm passed. I bet that family avoided the bridge and went the long way around Lake Michigan when they went home. ;)  Bridges just freak some people out. I hate clowns.:dontknow:

I have an irrational fear of being trapped in some sort of enclosure - wooden box, car trunk, etc. - from which I can't escape, and in which my legs/body are contorted.  I'm going to get some kind of cramp, I'm going to need to stretch, and my confines won't let me.  It's going to be agony.  (Hopefully I run out of oxygen before the cramping hits)

I have an irrational fear of being trapped in some sort of enclosure - wooden box, car trunk, etc. - from which I can't escape, and in which my legs/body are contorted.  I'm going to get some kind of cramp, I'm going to need to stretch, and my confines won't let me.  It's going to be agony.  (Hopefully I run out of oxygen before the cramping hits)

​You should try being in car pool for a 1.5-2 hour trip!  The worst is over though - the guy with the 2 door Civic moved. :D

• 6 years later...