Summer vacation plans?

Gump

We started planning our trip to Alaska last night. We are going at the end of August for nine days. What are your vacation plans for this summer?

​And I suppose I need to be there ego mow the lawn?  I like to help out but you are sort of needy.

We are going at the end of August for nine days

1. you realize that winter starts setting in at the end of July in the Anchorage area, right?
  2. Silver Salmon run in the first half of August, you are wasting your trip going at the end of August
  3. If you go in late July/earl;y August, you get to experience the nautical twilight.
  4. basically, you are thinking like a lower 48er. That is too late int eh season to get a good snoot full of Alaska

I'm saying this to you to try and help you not make a city folk cluster fuck out of what is an amazing place to visit. My dad finished his career up there and I visited Alaska many times over the 20 years my folks were up there. I've held an Alaksa driver's license, a coastal pilot's license (that's boats, not planes) had Alaska license plates, even had my sister graduate high school up there. I even got my "Bigwood Nate" nickname from all the time I spent in Alaska

I understand that late August probably seems like a great time for you, but you have to understand that late august in south central Alaska is essentially the early fall. You are fucking up, and I am trying to help you

So don't fuck up and go in the last part of August like a moran

This has been a public service announcement by Bigwood Nate

• Heart 1

1. you realize that winter starts setting in at the end of July in the Anchorage area, right?
  2. Silver Salmon run in the first half of August, you are wasting your trip going at the end of August
  3. If you go in late July/earl;y August, you get to experience the nautical twilight.
  4. basically, you are thinking like a lower 48er. That is too late int eh season to get a good snoot full of Alaska

I'm saying this to you to try and help you not make a city folk cluster fuck out of what is an amazing place to visit. My dad finished his career up there and I visited Alaska many times over the 20 years my folks were up there. I've held an Alaksa driver's license, a coastal pilot's license (that's boats, not planes) had Alaska license plates, even had my sister graduate high school up there. I even got my "Bigwood Nate" nickname from all the time I spent in Alaska

I understand that late August probably seems like a great time for you, but you have to understand that late august in south central Alaska is essentially the early fall. You are fucking up, and I am trying to help you

So don't fuck up and go in the last part of August like a moran

This has been a public service announcement by Bigwood Nate

​We realize it will be fall like in late August/early September but that is the only time we can go. It is also the only time my cousin in Kenai has openings to take us out fishing. We aren't trying to see/do everything all in this trip.

Sounds so fun, Zack.

BTW, It's best to ignore Nate.  He is a bitter angry man.  His posts scream sadness and despair.

​Nate's ok. He's not the first to voice those concerns but like I said it's the only time that works. Still beats going to someplace like PA....:rolleyes:

We're going to swing by Parr8's for a couple of days to help with kids tri and then go on to my BIL's in Maryland.

​Nice!

It is also the only time my cousin in Kenai has openings to take us out fishing

this I believe.

I've been on the Kenai river in King and in Silver season.

and I'm not trying to be mean to you. But for crying out loud, how many of you chump suckers have ever even been to Alaksa?

I've been there many times

this I believe.

I've been on the Kenai river in King and in Silver season.

and I'm not trying to be mean to you. But for crying out loud, how many of you chump suckers have ever even been to Alaksa?

I've been there many times

​But I'm not you....

My Summer retreats are based around my racing calendar this Summer.  There will also be a trip to Whistler bike park and a trip to Northstar for downhill fun.  YAY!

​I'd love to ski Whistler.

​I'd love to ski Whistler.

​It's pretty great.  I snowboarded there twice.  The first time ... hip deep powder.  The second time we were not as lucky.  Both trips were still pretty great.  The food is amazing.  

I look forward to seeing it in the Summer.  We plan a stop in Squamish.  The trails up that way look so exciting.  I can't wait to ride this trail called Half Nelson.  SICK!

We started planning our trip to Alaska last night. We are going at the end of August for nine days. What are your vacation plans for this summer?

I'd really like to go on an Alaskan cruise. Went to England last year, so it might be a while before we do another big vacation.

we're thinking about heading northward to Banff and places along the way.

seattle, Vancouver, and Victoria during spring break in a few weeks.  

​All wonderful choices. Banff is extremely expensive in summer, but it's a beautiful place.

Was planning a trip to cruise Spain but the summer semester starts two days before I can get back. Meaning I can't do it this year. If I miss firts day of class the Uni drops my classes. Kinda sucks but thems the apples.

Seems every vacation idea me and the wife contemplate gets all screwy by school or work schedules. I think I need to quit my job to use my vacation time.