Sept. 21st miles, etc.

questrider

99.1 miles today. Sad day. We were traveling north in the northbound lane when a car traveling south in the southbound lane came all the way across the lane hitting 5 cyclist, killing 2 of them. This happened about 40ft. in front of me. I tried to help but there wasn't much I could do. I was going to call it a day and go home but, my friend Bill talked me into finishing the ride. Really didn't feel like it but I did anyway. lousy day. I pray for the families that lost loved ones today. All they wanted to do was go for a bike ride and got killed for it.  :( 

• Heart 2

Wow Capt. what a horror. Glad you're ok.

I still have a little under two weeks until I get cleared for a return to the roads. What does that mean? Two hours on the trainer. Actually it wasn't as bad as it sounds.  :huh:

• Heart 1

Sad day. We were traveling north in the northbound lane when a car traveling south in the southbound lane came all the way across the lane hitting 5 cyclist, killing 2 of them. This happened about 40ft. in front of me.     :( 

CC...  Did you talk to the police??? 

In this news article they were looking for witnesses. 

Anyone with information about the crash can call 603-929-4444 or 603-929-1222.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/09/21/two-cyclists-dead-two-injured-after-car-strikes-cyclists-hampton/0NBzkuLTn7EZbo8XrmhM3H/story.html

This was such a horrible tragedy. I'm sorry for the lives lost and for the lives affected by it. Hopefully something good will come from this, like better cycling safety initiatives and better enforcement of laws related to cycling for both motorists and cyclists.

99.1 miles today. Sad day. We were traveling north in the northbound lane when a car traveling south in the southbound lane came all the way across the lane hitting 5 cyclist, killing 2 of them. This happened about 40ft. in front of me. I tried to help but there wasn't much I could do. I was going to call it a day and go home but, my friend Bill talked me into finishing the ride. Really didn't feel like it but I did anyway. lousy day. I pray for the families that lost loved ones today. All they wanted to do was go for a bike ride and got killed for it.  :( 

Yes tragedy,,,,sorry to hear that kind of news...I`m thankful I made another accident free summer. I had my 1000 mi complete Aug12.. I have been sea kayaking, retraining my body for small expedition next summer maybe :-)
My biggest worry every summer is getting run over by some tourist, I try not to ride on holidays or afternoons..