? for SmarterBlonde

Gump

I have ridden around most of the finger lakes. It is a beautiful area.

If you are looking for more of an organized/supported ride, I highly recommend the Highlander Classic. Highlander Cycle Tours​ I did one of their rides a couple years back which was about 107 miles and 7,000 feet of climbing (I followed it up with an Olympic Distance Tri the next day). There are shorter/flatter rides, however. 

I think you would enjoy a ride around Keuka Lake or Seneca Lake. There are a lot of wineries where you can stop for hydration. :nod head:

Let me put some thought into this. You might even want to get away from the Finger Lakes and think about doing the Point to Pint Ride.

I hope this was helpful. I'm thinking of doing the Quadzilla route of the Highlander Classic again. It depends on how my season shapes up.

• Heart 1

From Adventure Cycling:

http://www.adventurecycling.org/guided-tours/self-contained-tours/2015-finger-lakes-loop/

Not sure why you would pay Adventure Cycling $1100 for the privilege of riding public roads while packing your own gear and cooking your own meals, but I guess they take care of accommodations and make arrangements to stop at wineries and such.  Even so, the route they describe looks pretty nice.

I mapped a few trips around some of the lakes that we will likely do just as a Saturday ride. The longest two, Senca and Cayuga are still under 100 miles. Cayuga has a few good hills coming out of Ithaca but other than that it looks like just a lot of little up and downs.