What's got your panties in a wad today?

smarterblonde

I tell you, I’m not a sexy guy. I was the centerfold for Playgirl magazine. The staples covered everything!  I don't get no respect.  I tell ya, my wife was never nice. On our first date, I asked her if I could give her a goodnight kiss on the cheek – she bent over!  I told my doctor, “I’ve swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills.” He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.  Even as a kid I got no respect. The time I was kidnapped, and the kidnappers sent my parents a note they said, “We want five thousand dollars or you’ll see your kid again.”  I asked my old man if I could go ice-skating on the lake. He told me, “Wait til it gets warmer.”

• Heart 2

I tell you, I’m not a sexy guy. I was the centerfold for Playgirl magazine. The staples covered everything!  I don't get no respect.  I tell ya, my wife was never nice. On our first date, I asked her if I could give her a goodnight kiss on the cheek – she bent over!  I told my doctor, “I’ve swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills.” He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.  Even as a kid I got no respect. The time I was kidnapped, and the kidnappers sent my parents a note they said, “We want five thousand dollars or you’ll see your kid again.”  I asked my old man if I could go ice-skating on the lake. He told me, “Wait til it gets warmer.”

​It's funny that you can't read that without doing your best Rodney impression.

• Heart 1

I am sick as a dog. Sicker than I've been in a loooooooong time.  I actually let my office know I would not be in today. But I am still pretty happy because if being sick is the worst thing I can think of happening to me right now, I have a pretty good life.

• Heart 2

Happy morning to you, SB.I am doing quite well today.  There is nothing in my world to complain about.  I do have some jerks that gave me work with  unrealistic deadlines during my busiest time of the quarter, but I can handle it.   

Check DH's desk before she shows up.  I hear she keeps an extra pair for just such occasions.  Bottom left drawer (don't ask how I know)

I had to use my spare pair a couple weeks back.  I forgot mine again.  Sorry that I didn't announce it.  

• Heart 1

...so here's my personal bitch about our hippie, peace and love, group hugging, degenerate bike co-op.  It's a shared workshop environment, so naturally the tools take a beating.  Let's face it, a lot of peeps are not real tool knowledgeable, and most folks, if not personally invested in your prized vernier caliper, will try to use it as a hammer.

Anyway, every time some tool gives up the ghost and gets sent away to tool heaven, we got this one guy who goes into his well rehearsed "This is why we can't have nice things" speech, like he's hitting his marks on the stage of life and someone just fed him a cue line.  He has, of course, over time installed himself as the official tool purchasing guy.

We might have been hurting for cash at the beginning, but against all odds and expectations, we are actually doing OK financially right now.  I've gone 'round a couple of times on this issue, and I'm just gonna start buying new stuff and tossing the old, cheap assed, busted, Harbor Freight tools in the dumpster.  First stop is gonna be the files, in a collection of about thirty of the fuckers, there is not one that does anything except leave a shiny spot where you are trying to remove material.

Gee, I feel strangely better about this now.

...so here's my personal bitch about our hippie, peace and love, group hugging, degenerate bike co-op.  It's a shared workshop environment, so naturally the tools take a beating.  Let's face it, a lot of peeps are not real tool knowledgeable, and most folks, if not personally invested in your prized vernier caliper, will try to use it as a hammer.

Anyway, every time some tool gives up the ghost and gets sent away to tool heaven, we got this one guy who goes into his well rehearsed "This is why we can't have nice things" speech, like he's hitting his marks on the stage of life and someone just fed him a cue line.  He has, of course, over time installed himself as the official tool purchasing guy.

We might have been hurting for cash at the beginning, but against all odds and expectations, we are actually doing OK financially right now.  I've gone 'round a couple of times on this issue, and I'm just gonna start buying new stuff and tossing the old, cheap assed, busted, Harbor Freight tools in the dumpster.  First stop is gonna be the files, in a collection of about thirty of the fuckers, there is not one that does anything except leave a shiny spot where you are trying to remove material.

Gee, I feel strangely better about this now.

​Sounds like you need a bastard, not a tool guy.

• Heart 1

I actually had a decent day.  It's up in the sixties, I was able to walk to get lunch in the sunshine.

It wasn't a super busy day, and most issues I faced were either easy fixes, or things I finished up on the tail end and resolved.