Cleaning up this site

Square Wheels

Let me just say that the level of wrong in this thread is stunning.  It also must be said that the only people making a lick of sense in this thread are the chicks, and by chicks, I don't mean the dudes that are acting like chicks, because that would be demeaning to the chicks here.

• Heart 2

To augment my position:

I am not changing a damn thing, I am comfortable with who I am.  I like chicks, even in bikinis or modest skirts and blouses.  I objectify chicks that I don't personally know, because we all do, you are the worst kind of liar if you claim otherwise.  Chicks objectify dudes, too, because nature tells them to as well.  Are you gonna tell nature it is wrong, then take your nuts or ovaries off and set them on a plate for the cat?  Has that ever worked?  Telling mother nature she is wrong has simply never gone well, and it never will go well, and pretending that you some level of control over it puts you in the realm of catholic priests in terms of ridiculous denial about controlling urges and such.

Thought police can go take a flying leap, they are what makes the other bike forums the place of the mind-dead, or the undead, or slinking down to the lowest common denominator of the easily upset.  Fuck them all, they are like dried sharts stuck on a crusty toilet bowl - they stink and you don't want them in your house.  

We don't want the mundane, we don't want the empty-headed, we don't want the easily offended, entitled, the up-turned noses and the deadened souls not interested in freedom of thought or speech or voicing an opinion contrary to their own.  We are exceptional people and we demand exceptional people, real people with opinions and life in their eyes, who tell and get jokes, who look past their occasional brain-farted misunderstandings when they get all cross-eyed over something trivial that some complete dumb-ass would blow out of proportion somewhere else.

To augment my position:

I am not changing a damn thing, I am comfortable with who I am.  I like chicks, even in bikinis or modest skirts and blouses.  I objectify chicks that I don't personally know, because we all do, you are the worst kind of liar if you claim otherwise.  Chicks objectify dudes, too, because nature tells them to as well.  Are you gonna tell nature it is wrong, then take your nuts or ovaries off and set them on a plate for the cat?  Has that ever worked?  Telling mother nature she is wrong has simply never gone well, and it never will go well, and pretending that you some level of control over it puts you in the realm of catholic priests in terms of ridiculous denial about controlling urges and such.

Thought police can go take a flying leap, they are what makes the other bike forums the place of the mind-dead, or the undead, or slinking down to the lowest common denominator of the easily upset.  Fuck them all, they are like dried sharts stuck on a crusty toilet bowl - they stink and you don't want them in your house.  

We don't want the mundane, we don't want the empty-headed, we don't want the easily offended, entitled, the up-turned noses and the deadened souls not interested in freedom of thought or speech or voicing an opinion contrary to their own.  We are exceptional people and we demand exceptional people, real people with opinions and life in their eyes, who tell and get jokes, who look past their occasional brain-farted misunderstandings when they get all cross-eyed over something trivial that some complete dumb-ass would blow out of proportion somewhere else.

You make a great point. If SW and his  flunkies overmoderate this place, it will be no better than that other overmoderated forum. 

• Heart 1

Further, maybe you are the cowboy in the white hat that decided to clean up the horrible vice-ridden miscreant-filled cesspool, then filled SW's head with this idea.  If this was you, well, you were stupid.  Stop being stupid.

Ok, so you were stupid with the best of intentions, presuming that chicks can't take ideas out of line with the matriarchy's hard-line stance against male expression, but I believe they can.  You should give women more credit, you know.  You want more chicks here, based on some ratio you determined was correct, and you thought hot chicks by the beach would scare them away.  You are wrong, again.  People are able to steer clear of any thread they don't like, sequestering some threads mean playing the thought police and catering to some viewpoint of other people, presumably the most priggish in our midst.

Anyway, everybody is stupid occasionally, all is forgiven.  I do stupid things all the damn time, and I get forgiven, presumably because of the exceptional people all around me.  Don't fuck with the forum, it is a bad idea.

So, we've been around for a while and we slowly attract now members, very few of them women.  I suspect that is for at least a couple of reasons.  1: it's likely there are fewer women cyclists, and still fewer that post online.  I've seen this on other forums, and 2: there are many sexists posts here.

I myself am guilty of starting new posts that are considered sexist as well as perpetuating them.  It was brought to my attention (thank you) that this is happening.  I will not reveal who pointed this out to me, I will say it was one of our male members.

So, here's how it's going to go.  Since this will be a painful transition for many of you, it will start slowly, by gently reminding people that we are a site for both (all) genders and the post you have made may not be appropriate.  Please don't push your luck or you will be warned / banned.

For now the posts, including the bikini post, will remain, slowly they will either fade away or they will be closed.  We can create another private forum where you can post bikini and similar pics, it would again be a password protected forum so the posts don't come up on an internal search or get "Googled".

Please understand this new change and be thoughtful before you post.

Thank you

​I like it.  The Bikini thread has been a blast but I'm a male and... I knew it was only time.  I support this decision.

• Heart 1

There seems to be a divided opinion on wanting this site to me smut free.

Some people are adamant about keeping it.

Some people feel relieved or ambivalent.

I am in the relieved camp as I know many of my posts crossed the line.

For those in the first group, please explain why you feel this needs to remain a smut ridden forum?  And for the record, I do not have a God complex.

There seems to be a divided opinion on wanting this site to me smut free.

Some people are adamant about keeping it.

Some people feel relieved or ambivalent.

I am in the relieved camp as I know many of my posts crossed the line.

For those in the first group, please explain why you feel this needs to remain a smut ridden forum?  And for the record, I do not have a God complex.

​My wife eve commented on it.  She just happened to be glancing over at my latptop the few times I've posted to that forum and -- while she is super cool -- commented about how juvenile the whole thing was and it was hard for me to disagree.  If the shoe were on the other foot, I might take some enjoyment knowing the female members were focusing in on that for awhile but then it'd grow old fast.  While it is a fact men are more visual stimulated than women, I think to create an environment that all feel welcomed and not an advertised piece of meat, you've got to do it.

But I'm the first to raise my hand that I'll miss it.  I like your idea of a password protected forum.  Keep the smut for the smutters.

• Heart 1

​Since when did you join the Amish?  Seriously, this puritanical bent is misguided at best.  Where is the "smut"?  Chicks in bikinis is smut?  Who knew?

Oh, I am running around now flailing my arms over my head in a spastic fashion, now that someone sitting on their cloud of judgement came along to say that they are now better than the others here, and have enlightened knowledge that was somehow held from the rest of us heathens, oh the shame of it all!

I am profoundly disappointed.

​Since when did you join the Amish?  Seriously, this puritanical bent is misguided at best.  Where is the "smut"?  Chicks in bikinis is smut?  Who knew?

Oh, I am running around now flailing my arms over my head in a spastic fashion, now that someone sitting on their cloud of judgement came along to say that they are now better than the others here, and have enlightened knowledge that was somehow held from the rest of us heathens, oh the shame of it all!

I am profoundly disappointed.

​It's not the first time I've let you down, it won't be the last.

Please explain why we can't exist without objectifying women as sex objects?  There are plenty of sites, most I imagine, that do not allow it.

​My wife eve commented on it.  She just happened to be glancing over at my latptop the few times I've posted to that forum and -- while she is super cool -- commented about how juvenile the whole thing was and it was hard for me to disagree.  If the shoe were on the other foot, I might take some enjoyment knowing the female members were focusing in on that for awhile but then it'd grow old fast.  While it is a fact men are more visual stimulated than women, I think to create an environment that all feel welcomed and not an advertised piece of meat, you've got to do it.

But I'm the first to raise my hand that I'll miss it.  I like your idea of a password protected forum.  Keep the smut for the smutters.

​First of all, you allowed your wife to infiltrate this world, killing independent George.

Secondly, it is juvenile, because we all feel juvenile from time to time.  It is also joyous in a way, too, and also topical.  When the forum seems slow to me, I will hunt up a couple of bikini pics that are related to the season, or related to a recent post or spate of posts, and often the forum will get more lively and people may stick around more often.  Of course your wife doesn't want you to even know about the existence of other women.

Also, as often stated, the chicks or gay dudes here were always welcome to start a shirtless firemen thread any time they wanted.

• Heart 2

​It's not the first time I've let you down, it won't be the last.

Please explain why we can't exist without objectifying women as sex objects?  There are plenty of sites, most I imagine, that do not allow it.

So now people that post here will stop objectifying women they don't know?  Are the women going to stop objectifying men they don't know?  Damn, I am sure the server is going to absolutely shut down from all the chicks signing up, now that bikinis are off-limits.  

It may be the last time, btw, this is completely stupid and horrendous.  Censorship is something I am deeply uncomfortable with.

I drive by from time to time to check in on the happenings and just noticed this thread.

I would say there are some threads/comments which push boundaries, but the most are in harmless fun IMO.  The majority of folks here were previously members (some are still BI) of the LF and the same types of threads/comments were posted there too.  I have read some comments in threads and I have found them completely rude, even if they were meant with tongue in cheek. If someone has an issue with a post, take it offline with a PM, or just ignore that person.

By starting a new section, Mens Locker Room (which sounds stupid by the way), you are in sense blaming the classroom for one or two bad apples.  Instead of playing doG, patrol the bad apples.

Now you are going to have folks tip-toeing to make sure they don't offend anyone.

Peace Out.

• Heart 1

What's next?

Fat people complain about photos of food, and we are no longer allowed to show off our meals because it makes them hungry?

​I hadn't thought of that.  That's a great idea.  Pics of organic food only.  How about a non-vegan forum?  This has potential.

I guess I would complain about serial OPs.

"Oh, I just ******! I'll make a new thread on SWC to see how that gets received"

Five minutes later: "Oh! I just had a random thought that was maybe just a brain fart BUT WHO CARES? I'll make a new thread on SWC. They are OP friendly!"

:scratch head: I am confused!  WTH would a forum be without random thoughts?  Siriusly?

What's next?

Fat people complain about photos of food, and we are no longer allowed to show off our meals because it makes them hungry?

​I remember Rich from Peoria (or some name like that) that got banned from another un-named forum for posting food pictures.