Who do you miss?

Square Wheels

​...I have been looking for an excuse to create a drama thread and storm off in a huff, but I am so dead inside that I just can't. :(

That's all part of your problem I'm afraid......that and sweating a lot. I know about these things so feel free to tell me all about it......more to the point did you manage to find the cashmere sweater I ordered? 

​...yes.  It fit me so I kept it. I think it's cool that we can share clothes and stuff.It takes me back to college days.

"IT FIT ME"....What's wrong with you.......I mean you were educated by Jesuits for God's sake. 

It "fitted" me pleeeeease. Is this yet another Americanism?

• Heart 1

"IT FIT ME"....What's wrong with you.......I mean you were educated by Jesuits for God's sake. 

​Of course it is an Americanism.  You started it by calling a jumper a sweater in the first place, you giant buffoon.

Fit vs. fitted

In American and Canadian English, fit is often uninflected in the the past tense and as a past participle. Outside North America, writers typically favor fitted for these uses, but fit appears some of the time. But as adjectives, fit and fitted do have a distinction:fit means healthy or appropriate, and fitted means designed to fit.

http://grammarist.com/usage/fit-fitted/

​Of course it is an Americanism.  You started it by calling a jumper a sweater in the first place, you giant buffoon.

I have to sit down for a moment....it's all too much for my sensibilities. There has to be laws in your country that punishes this sort of thing......and to top it all my use of English is being criticised by something that looks like a Bloomingdale's mannequin .

• Heart 1

Fit vs. fitted

In American and Canadian English, fit is often uninflected in the the past tense and as a past participle. Outside North America, writers typically favor fitted for these uses, but fit appears some of the time. But as adjectives, fit and fitted do have a distinction:fit means healthy or appropriate, and fitted means designed to fit.

http://grammarist.com/usage/fit-fitted/

I don't care.....it's wrong and you know it.

Not only that but if Mr Silly was here he'd feel the same.

• Heart 1

​Mr. Silly really never had many feeling.  He could be a cold fellow sometime.  I don't think he would care if you used fit to fitted as long as you stayed out of his way.

​...you are, of course, correct.  It is wrong in every sense of the word.

But consider my position, if you will.  I have to live here, surrounded by the teaming masses of uncouth, unwashed barbarians, who take great pleasure in Nascar races, turkey shoots, tobacco spitting contests, and horseshoe pitching.  Why, just last week, there was bear baiting going on down at the local mall. And I need to make myself understood to them to procure food and other essentials that I am unable to produce myself, even though I try heroically to live an independent lifestyle.

Were I only living in a more civilized country, such subterfuges would be unnecessary.  But I am established here now in frontier California, and we do what we must to fit in.

​...you are, of course, correct.  It is wrong in every sense of the word.

But consider my position, if you will.  I have to live here, surrounded by the teaming masses of uncouth, unwashed barbarians, who take great pleasure in Nascar races, turkey shoots, tobacco spitting contests, and horseshoe pitching.  Why, just last week, there was bear baiting going on down at the local mall. And I need to make myself understood to them to procure food and other essentials that I am unable to produce myself, even though I try heroically to live an independent lifestyle.

Were I only living in a more civilized country, such subterfuges would be unnecessary.  But I am established here now in frontier California, and we do what we must to fit in.

Say no more as I know how it is.

It's a matter of great regret that you find yourself in this situation. A sensitive and cultured person such as yourself, one devoted to Baroque music and the wearing of ladies underwear, is unlikely to be comfortable in such surroundings. If only for your protection you must "fit in" so I offer you this advice. Acquire a "Baseball cap" preferably with the name of a of a major agricultural machine manufacturer on the front. You must wear dungarees at all times....even when attending the Opera. Do not, even for the briefest of periods, place your hand on your waist and do slap your thighs a lot while guffawing....I suggest "Haw Haw".

I hesitate to mention that you do have a walk which may be described as rather less than masculine. Personally I think it charming but I can understand that others, less cultivated than myself, may feel motivated to pass coarse remarks. You must work on this in order to develop a macho swagger and you would be greatly aided in this by wearing your trousers in such a fashion that your buttocks fully exposed. I'm aware that you may find all of these actions somewhat distasteful but it does seem your very survival depends upon it.

Fat Slow Old Guy and Snarky Old Bastard

They were annoying and somewhat neurotic, but amusing from time to time

Someone with your impressive command of English (at least of the Anglo-Saxon variety) really should have come to terms with the matter of "Tense".

Unless I'm dead of course....tell me I'm not dead you silver-tongued devil.

• 2 weeks later...

You are friends with most of those people on Facebook, and if you aren't, shame on you. 

I miss Montana Cyclist too, but I don't think he's on FB. 

​Roadsue is not on FB.  I am friends with Allie though.  She is a cool chick.  Pebs and FY I am friends with and actually see them IRL from time to time.  I email montana every now and then and of course I am friends with MC on FB.  Soy just texts me dirty pics every now and then. 

• Heart 1

​Roadsue is not on FB.  I am friends with Allie though.  She is a cool chick.  Pebs and FY I am friends with and actually see them IRL from time to time.  I email montana every now and then and of course I am friends with MC on FB.  Soy just texts me dirty pics every now and then. 

I miss Montana, and wish Soy would convert. 

I wish Couch would visit here more often. He's a great guy. Sometimes we give each other some low blows verbally, but it's all in fun. 

Couch and Tude orchestrated a fundraising that saved me from an extremely tough time. I'll never forget what they started, and I always strive to return those favors. 

bulk! 

'sup? 

so, i saw you reference some names from long ago and far away that only serious veterans would know about.  obviously 'incredible bulk' is a new-ish moniker.  who "were" you? 

Yeah, I've been AWOL but really every time I try to log into the damn site it's down! I'm not really at the other site either.

But I am still alive and well.

I miss Montana, and wish Soy would convert. 

I wish Couch would visit here more often. He's a great guy. Sometimes we give each other some low blows verbally, but it's all in fun. 

Couch and Tude orchestrated a fundraising that saved me from an extremely tough time. I'll never forget what they started, and I always strive to return those favors. 

Welcome back qr. 

Not sure what I did to Montana,  but he don't likes me.