tonight's drink

bikeman564™

I had gin and bitter lemon this weekend.  An Aussie friend brought me a bottle of Schwepps Bitter Lemon, which I was introduced to in England and could not find in Dallas.  Alas, it is now gone, but I tried my hand at making my own and it was passable.

In a shaker filled with ice

1 1/2 oz gin

1/2 ounce lemon juice

1/2 tsp extra fine sugar ( I used powdered sugar)

shake and then strain over ice.

Top off with 4 oz tonic water

garnish with a lime wedge.

gin and bitter lemon.jpg

​I thought you said you never drank?

​I didn't drink as a teen, then I turned the legal drinking age, whatever that was back then, and ouch.  I drank too much.  I stopped for a while, then went to college.  Even though I didn't live there, I found lots of people to drink with.  Again, I drank way too much.  Ever since then I've slowed down a lot to the point I rarely drink.  A couple times a year, maybe.

​I didn't drink as a teen, then I turned the legal drinking age, whatever that was back then, and ouch.  I drank too much.  I stopped for a while, then went to college.  Even though I didn't live there, I found lots of people to drink with.  Again, I drank way too much.  Ever since then I've slowed down a lot to the point I rarely drink.  A couple times a year, maybe.

​Okay, I like you more now.  I thought you never drank, never smoked, never beat up nuns for bus fare, etc.

​I have a different outlook on drinking.  I rarely have too much, but will usually have one beer a night.  It's a daily input to My Fitness Pal.