Good Morning

Square Wheels

Because he's stuck on a plane with mechanical trouble.   Just a leaking seal on the landing gear.  They say it's within specs and just to finish the documentation.   

A plane can land with 2 wheels, right?

​You can land without anything.  Success is in the eye of the beholder. :)

• Heart 2

Because he's stuck on a plane with mechanical trouble.   Just a leaking seal on the landing gear.  They say it's within specs and just to finish the documentation.   

A plane can land with 2 wheels, right?

​Just remember: Takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory...

New announcement,  the small leak is a hole in a seal the size of a half dollar.   No problem they say, but they are having trouble documenting that it's ok.

I might be safer swimming. 

​That means, it is not ok.   Captain: We will just tell them it is safe to appease them over the delay. First Officer:  Yeah that sounds good skipper.  Maintenance: Hey guys, that seal is Effed up, you ain't going nowhere. Captain: Ah shit Jimmy.  I just told them it was good. Now I have to ease my way out of that so I don't look like an idiot.  Paperwork! Thats it!!. We are waiting on paperwork... and another airplane.  Then another crew because I am calling duty day on this one.

​That means, it is not ok.   Captain: We will just tell them it is safe to appease them over the delay. First Officer:  Yeah that sounds good skipper.  Maintenance: Hey guys, that seal is Effed up, you ain't going nowhere. Captain: Ah shit Jimmy.  I just told them it was good. Now I have to ease my way out of that so I don't look like an idiot.  Paperwork! Thats it!!. We are waiting on paperwork... and another airplane.  Then another crew because I am calling duty day on this one.

Saw 5he Co pilot getting lunch.   He showed me a pic of the hole.  Didn't look good to me.

you were right,  we are now waiting for a new plane.

• 2 weeks later...

​So, the airplane that showed up..  Was it yours or do you get a gate change as well?

​OK, now that would be clever.  Get all of the passengers terrified that plane is unsafe.  Tell us we have a "new" one on the way.  Make us wait a couple of hours for it to arrive and send us to a new gate while they drive the old one around the building.  This way they don't need to move / destroy / lose our luggage either.