I pass out and faint

AirwickWithCheese

At the sight of blood.  Mainly my own.  :(

I still get woozy seeing blood from others but as long as I exit immediately I'm usually ok. Happened to me this afternoon. 

I was in the shower washing my hair when I somehow scratched the bottom of my nose.  I knew I was in trouble so I dried off immediately and got out of the bathroom. I grabbed a kleenex and made it to the bedroom. I made the mistake of looking down and seeing deep red blood. When this happens I have less than 10 seconds to prepare my landing spot. Experience is the best teacher so I dove on the bed under the cool fan. 

Don't know exactly how long it lasts but less than 5 minutes. I'm shaky and weak. Takes a bit for blood pressure to return to normal. First time in quite some time so I googled.  

I'm not the only one.   :)

http://www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2014/10/22/4111644.htm

Are you saying you would have been no help when I had my little wood shop incident?

I would have tried. I'm actually getting better because of my work. Other people's blood bothers me but not like my own. I go into a protect them mode as long as I don't feel threatened.  

It's been 1 1/2 hours since I scratched my nose and I'm still a little weak.  I'm scared to ask about what happened in the wood shop?   :(

I was using a router with a panel cutter and it threw a blade.  Unfortunately it threw it at me.  Hit me on the rib then deflected down and caught the spleen and liver.  I have had some nasty cuts but that one WoWilbur called an ambulance for. :)  

Take it easy Cheese.  Does Coca Cola help relieve the dizziness?

I was using a router with a panel cutter and it threw a blade.  Unfortunately it threw it at me.  Hit me on the rib then deflected down and caught the spleen and liver.  I have had some nasty cuts but that one WoWilbur called an ambulance for. :)  

Take it easy Cheese.  Does Coca Cola help relieve the dizziness?

Holy cow. WOWilbur would have had to call 2 ambulances.    :(

Yes, how did you know? Sugar and more sweet sweet sugar helps. 

Awww, CAW.  Sorry to hear that.  That would suck to have as an affliction.  Luckily, I can swim in blood and have no issues.  My hobby is very bloody.  I don't like getting blood in my mouth.  I crashed on my face a couple years ago and came up with blood streaming from my mouth.  I was spitting out blood and dirt.  My youthful friends were sort of freaked.  I was fine, after I realized all my teeth were still intact. I just cut my lip. Face wounds bleed like crazy.

Would you have been able to help me when a nail came out of my nail gun the wrong way and lodged into my thumb? I called my wife and had her come out and hand me a set of pliers and walk away.. I was latterly attached to my work! 

AW, my son is just like you - I remember once he fainted in the shower just thinking about blood! 

Wilbur - oooouuuuchhhh - I too would have called two ambulances!!

​It actually didn't hurt that much until after it was removed.  I looked for the piece for 5 minutes on the shop floor and it didn't even enter my mind it imbedded.  

AW, my son is just like you 

He's a prince among men, SQ. 

Awww, CAW.  Sorry to hear that.  That would suck to have as an affliction.  

Affliction?  Royalty must be preserved.  

Would you have been able to help me when a nail came out of my nail gun the wrong way and lodged into my thumb? 

I would have called your wife. 

• Heart 2

I would have called your wife. 

​It was a funny call to make since I was in the garage and she was in the house. I made her walk out in the rain to the garage to come help me... I'm a dick like that..LOL

• Heart 1