1/2 marathon race report

Airehead

I forgot the part, as evidenced by the picture, where she walked me from th finish line to the medical tent for ice.  The medic wanted to remove the KT tape from my foot.  I treatened to kill him.  He recommended an xray.  I declined because I know what it is.

I tip my hat - and my powdered wig - to you!  You ran 13 miles more than I could have!

You aren't planning a 'full crazy' event are you?  I suspect you have the determination to complete it...

​If she is going to do a full crazy she needs to do it as part of a tri, that way the swimming and cycling will get her warmed up for the marathon.

• Heart 2

If the clock behind you is any indication, you've beaten my best 1/2 marathon time. I've yet to break 3 hours. I'm betting that you started further back in the pack and your actual time is even faster!

WoJSTL and I walk half marathons. We are happy to break 3.5 hours. Come to think about it, we are doing the Flying Pig Half Marathon in Cincinnati next Sunday. I guess I should start training. :o

• Heart 1

Your heart has a finite number of beats in your life.  Why accelerate the burn rate with something as stupid as running? :)  

​My morbidly obese neighbor has a PhD in Math. She used that line on my about finite number of beats. We both took our resting heart rates. Mine was around 50 bpm and hers was over 80 bpm. I told here "Let's do the math":

80 x 24 x 60 =           115200  her

(50 x 23) + 140 * 60 = 77400  me

That's 37800 fewer beats per day for me!  :D

I think I was ok before I started hanging out on a bike forum where no one rides a bike.

​Hey I ride when I can.  I have things holding me back. I'm planning on doing a Mennonite ride with digital photographer in September.  I ride with my granddaughter too. I would like to ride more, stuff happens.

• Heart 1

​Hey I ride when I can.  I have things holding me back. I'm planning on doing a Mennonite ride with digital photographer in September.  I ride with my granddaughter too. I would like to ride more, stuff happens.

​And I rode at least twice this month!  There is no minimum, right?  Right?

• Heart 1