Bee finally got me, but it was my fault.

tybeegb

A friend put another bee hive behind our garden shed.  I have to keep the hive supplied with sugar water until they get settled and oriented to the neighborhood.  No problem.  While replacing the bottle, which sits on top of the brood box, one of them went up the sleeve to my jacket, which I had on because it was a little bit cold this morning.  And it was dark blue.  They don't like dark clothing.  This was the fifth time I had refilled their bottle, and the other times I had a while t-shirt on and they didn't pay me any mind.  This time they were not happy.  That little sucker bit me on the wrist bone, the one on the outside of the wrist that is already a lump, but the lump got bigger, and it really hurts.  I had to pull the stinger out, so the bee is toast.  At least I didn't have a reaction to it, but it still irks me.  :angry: 

Yes, PBR did help last night.  The Permit Lady did get "relieved" from her position.  No, permits are not required, but you do need to register hives with the county so they can let you know when they will be spraying the area for mosquitos.  And the honey will be really good when it's harvested.  :P

Yes, PBR did help last night.  The Permit Lady did get "relieved" from her position.  No, permits are not required, but you do need to register hives with the county so they can let you know when they will be spraying the area for mosquitos.  And the honey will be really good when it's harvested.  :P

​So you are on good footings, permit wise?....

​One word: mead.  Have you made it before?  Give it a try. Bee vomit wine is a good buzz!