Clean bill of health at the dermoatologist

TrentonMakes

You stole that from James Thurber didn't you?

Pop was a dentist in a small town. He made a set of dentures in trade for a bucket of baby alagators when I was a kid. Best father a 10 year old could hope for. 

Mother built herself a mid century modern house, it has a water feature inside with a fish pool about 10 foot across, we kept the gators in that until my mother lost her shit. Then they moved to the pond. 

Edited by Allen
  • Heart 1

I don't think I have ever had a clean bill of health from the dermatologist. If she is not cutting something out she is zapping me with liquid nitrogen.  So far it has always been on areas of skin that are exposed while cycling in hot weather (face, arms, etc). I use gobs of sunblock now, probably should have started using it about thirty years ago. My last visit was a couple weeks ago.  She zapped me right on the end of my nose and in my ear with that liquid nitrogen;  The things old people do for fun.

• Heart 2

I don't think I have ever had a clean bill of health from the dermatologist. If she is not cutting something out she is zapping me with liquid nitrogen.  So far it has always been on areas of skin that are exposed while cycling in hot weather (face, arms, etc). I use gobs of sunblock now, probably should have started using it about thirty years ago. My last visit was a couple weeks ago.  She zapped me right on the end of my nose and in my ear with that liquid nitrogen;  The things old people do for fun.

​I get a lot of freezing and cutting too. I can imagine what your nose felt like. I got a good long zap of it on the side of my head that froze my brain.

Pop was a dentist in a small town. He made a set of dentures in trade for a bucket of baby alagators when I was a kid. Best father a 10 year old could hope for. 

Mother built herself a mid century modern house, it has a water feature inside with a fish pool about 10 foot across, we kept the gators in that until my mother lost her shit. Then they moved to the pond. 

A southern Belle simply does not lose her shit.

• Heart 1

In 16 years or so of dermatologist visits they've only cut two things off me and only one of them was a mean one (the very first visit).

I hate the feeling of sunscreen - but I like the feeling of being protected from the sun.

​Some sunscreen feels worse than others.  I don't know if the creepy feeling ones work better or worse than the ones that don't feel too bad.  I buy a lot of sunscreen that is on sale and try lots of different brands. My wife bought me a huge continuous spray can of sunscreen somewhere.  I was using it doing yard work last week and it felt creepy, like sticky paint on my skin. I could hardly wait to get a shower and wash it off when I came inside.

The concept of the spray sounds good, but I really hate that stuff.  The smell is nasty and even if I keep my mouth closed when I put it on my arms, I feel like I can taste it.

I got some samples - it's the zinc oxide stuff.  The doctor I saw is a runner (apparently he runs on some of the same roads I ride) and prefers this.  Maybe a white nose is worth it.