3 out of 4 down.

Parr8hed

I have been on call Sat, Mon, Wens, and I have tomorrow to go.  You may think that it sounds nice being on every OTHER day but keep in mind that these are 24 hour shifts.  I have office meetings today, softball games for the daughter tonight and one more day of call tomorrow before being off for a week. 

Oh, and Sat is Derby!!!

Derby day is so much fun.  A former boss of mine owned a ranch in Ocala and we did the race tours most years.  He had had two horses run in the derby and one that sired "I'll Have Another" the almost triple crowner.  Good times. 

24 hr shifts?  What are you. a healthcare worker? 

Parr8...you have a great schedule...here is a "back in the olden days" schedule...My mom was a surgical nurse for 17 years ..an LPN who trained the 2 and 3 year RN's who came to that hospital.  Because she was an LPN...she was paid less than the people she trained...a call day was 24 hours and you worked M-F So you could work both days of the weekend..and go in to work at 6 AM on Monday ,,,I can remember her going in to work at 6 AM and not home until 2 AM then she would have to go in for her 6 AM shift.  Sometimes they would work all night...It was an area hospital with 1 crew on call at a time...she was on call pretty much 2 or 3 days every week and every other weekend.  she would have to stay home...there were no cell phones or pagers...and if someone did have a pager..it was the doctor. If she went to church she called the hospital told them where she was going..and called the police because if she was called out they would come and find her...she missed lots of things those years...we had to get a neighbor to bring me to the ER once, she missed several big school events...it was the way things were....

Yes...it is hard...but hey it could be worse...hang in there.

• Heart 1

Derby day is so much fun.  A former boss of mine owned a ranch in Ocala and we did the race tours most years.  He had had two horses run in the derby and one that sired "I'll Have Another" the almost triple crowner.  Good times. 

24 hr shifts?  What are you. a healthcare worker? 

​Yes, derby is a blast.  The city is just a fun atmosphere. 

And yes, I am in healthcare.

​He does not take eyes, just livers and spleens and such.  Or that is what I heard anyway.  He does take ears, but just for fun.

​We are affiliated with the Louisville Eye Bank.  They take the eyes.  Our office has people that do tissues like veins, skin and bone, etc.  I just do organs.