Weekend plans?

Parsnip Totin Jack

The Kentucky Derby is Saturday.  Six hours of drinking for a two minute race.  Get your bourbon on.

On Friday, Wo7 and I are driving down to Sevierville TN.  We're going to an RV rally.  There are seminars on maintenance and driving RVs.  We're going to talk with people who live in their RVs and travel around like tumbleweeds.  We also want to look at fifth-wheel setups and compare them to the Class C travelers.  Class A is not something we want.  I also want to drive into the Smokey Mountains and check some of the trails out.

What's in your plans?

I am helping lead a ride for some college kids.  I expect those boys will be gasping for air as I charge up the hill.  It will be sort of funny to watch.  I get to wear their Go Pro for the event.  It is their annual bike and BBQ ride.  Ride for a few hours and then eat my guts out.  HAHA

On Sunday, I plan to go out on my new cross bike and do some segment hunting.  I love riding by myself sometimes.  It allows me to ride fast and just listen to the evil voices in my head.  

At some point I have to cook, clean and do some BS chores.  Biking is the priority though.

• Heart 3

Saturday is my son's First Communion, with a family get-together at the house afterwards.  That should suck up the whole day.

Sunday morning the kids have a karate tournament but I expect to be home around lunchtime.  Probably have to cut the grass again - and I suppose I should try to fix the string trimmer.  Some jackass left a little gas in it over the winter.

I never did get out for a bike ride last Sunday - my errands took too long.  Surely this Sunday it'll happen.  Right?

• Heart 2

I've got three races on the go in the next five weeks. The first is the half marathon. The second is a little more than five kilometres, with 500 metres of elevation gain. The third is a 10-kilometre run around the mountain.

When I was growing up, I hated running. A couple of years ago, a neighbour taught me how to run efficiently and now I enjoy it.

• Heart 1

After this CRAZY week between work and how much pain I was in on Tuesday...I need to unwind..so the pland is

grill something tomorrow night with my neighbor and work out partner (1 week of Tony left..then a new Yoga DVD)

A bike ride :nod head:  laundry..like saturday night!!!

and possibly getting a lower heel shoe...to see if that helps my fricking hip.

The gentleman that got me involved in sailing and taught me much of what I know gave my name to a boat owner wanting to learn about spinnaker sailing.  I am going to crew for him tomorrow for a practice session.  Then I am going to clean the garage, go a Cinco De Mayo party.

Sunday will be church and yard work.  Building another raised bed 4' x 4' garden for the wife.

The gentleman that got me involved in sailing and taught me much of what I know gave my name to a boat owner wanting to learn about spinnaker sailing.  I am going to crew for him tomorrow for a practice session.  Then I am going to clean the garage, go a Cinco De Mayo party.

Sunday will be church and yard work.  Building another raised bed 4' x 4' garden for the wife.

​Check the calendar - you might be a bit easy for the party if you show up tomorrow.  You're welcome.

Edited by Kzoo

I finished the half marathon in 2:19:54 and I'm feeling great. Right now I'm walking a little slower than usual, but that's all.

I may take on this run again next year. Does anyone else from this forum care to join me in May, 2016? (I know some here think running is evil, but the largest and most scenic marathon in Canada helps to minimize that evil.)

• Heart 1