Don't Y'all Have a Whatch'ya Doing Thread???

wolfpack

Just wondered.

No, I haven't used the Search function, so if there is one, point me in the right direction. :)

I've been quite busy the last 2 weeks, work stuff, out of town to WNC.  Loving the out of town WNC stuff.  Did some hiking in the Bent Creek area and Pink Beds Picnic Area, which has some really nice trails.  I have to go to Wilkes, Avery, Watauga, Yadkin Co next week.

Hmmm….I bought some leathers for the motorcycle riding stuff.  They arrived yesterday, but I'm too fat to wear the pants.  Guess I'm going on a strict diet for 30 days to see if I can maybe, somehow lose 5-10 pounds and hopefully, fit in them.  Otherwise, I guess I will send them back and get a larger size, continue to diet and send those back for the original ones I got. :)

This afternoon, I'm just relaxing - it's a rainy afternoon, so I am snuggled up with a doggy watching some movies.

Hope everyone is doing well.  :)

LOL.  I'm watching a movie this afternoon, snuggled up with the doggy.

I had to put Skinny Kitty/Tiger down last Thursday - she was 18yr old and weighed about 3 pounds.  It was time.  But since then, Taylor has been acting all weird.  So, I'm spending time with the doggy this afternoon.

Contemplating now how to hang on to the DOT job for 10 months and retire.  It sucks big time there now.

Maybe I'll move to the boonies of WNC or maybe out west, AZ.

• Heart 2

No :( allowed.

It was time.  Especially when she could not jump up on the counter to eat.  

She fell 3 times last week after I came home.  It was really hard, but I'm OK.  It's actually a lot more peaceful here now.  Taylor is acting a bit weird, but she'll be OK.

Thank you.

Hardest thing I've had to do since I had to call 911 on my Dad back in the fall of 2010.  But, I know she is in a better place, has no pain, and is happy.  I'm good with all that…it hurt more to see her as she was.

Well, I reckon I was just fixin' to get ready to mosey over and make one of them there Whatcha'll Doin' thread for all of ya'll.

​Can't do that.  I've already made one. :)

My son is home.  There goes my "me time" till later tonight.  By the time he's ready to go out, I'm damn ready to go to bed!!!!!!

LOL.  I'm watching a movie this afternoon, snuggled up with the doggy.

I had to put Skinny Kitty/Tiger down last Thursday - she was 18yr old and weighed about 3 pounds.  It was time.  But since then, Taylor has been acting all weird.  So, I'm spending time with the doggy this afternoon.

Contemplating now how to hang on to the DOT job for 10 months and retire.  It sucks big time there now.

Maybe I'll move to the boonies of WNC or maybe out west, AZ.

AZ is great, and if you can deal with the heat and humidity of the SE, you'll adjust just fine to the heat we have. July and early August are tough,  but the amazing winter weather makes it a no-brainer. 

Homes are are relatively cheap too. 

• Heart 2

Well, I don't want to live in the city, if I were to come to AZ.  I want something up in the mountains. :)

​Prescott is rated as one of the best places in the country to retire based on healthcare, weather and cost of living.

• Heart 2

Well, things just didn't work out.  Most likely, I'll do some traveling after Feb 2016….

Late February and March is pretty darn nice here. It's nice and warm after 10am.

I like October best because its starting to get cooler, and a high temp of 85-90 feels perfect after the hot summer. 85-90 sounds hot, but once you adjust to the summer heat, 90 and low humidity is actually quite comfortable. 

Today I washed the cars (not something I do a lot of, not much point living on a dirt road).  I brought out all of my hanging basket planters I wintered over.  They took a beating when I moved them downstairs during our month of below zero weather but they will probably recover. I opened our pool today.  The water looks good.  I'll see how brave the granddaughters are the next time they come over.  The water is nice and clear and COLD.  They have been asking me to take the cover off so they could swim ever since the ice melted.

Livin' large in Cuero, TX. One project down (the little one), one to go. We've got about 70 workers, just added a field safety guy last week. Electrical, pipe & mechanical for about the next 3 month.

Interesting topography, head towards Victoria & it's mostly flat. Head towards Yorktown & its all rolling hills, nothing really big, but virtually no flat areas.

Wo2 is flying out to San Antonio on Thursday, we're gonna do the Riverwalk, Alamo, thing.

Edited by 2Far

Finished chapter 14 yesterday and went to my writers group meeting. Did laundry and changed the sheets.Just got back from a quick 20 mile ride (quick might be a little optimistic) before the wind kicks up. Now there is a sink full of dishes waiting for me... after I make lunch.

I rode about 50 miles this morning. My Garmin turned off in the middle, and was locked up when turned it back on. 

When I got home I tried to see if it recorded the ride, but with no luck. I updated the software, and that erased all my ride history. 

It seems to be working now, but I wonder for how long. 

Busy day, 20 mile early morning ride, painted the LR and DR ceilings, did the brakes on my daughters boyfriends car, raked up pine needles, cut the lawns and got the sprinkler system up and running.

Now it is time for a burger and a nice cold drink on the deck.

• Heart 1

I had a great morning with my family at church today.  My seven year old granddaughter preached a five minute sermon she wrote in front of thousands of people plus everyone watching on the web.  Then I went to AppleBees for lunch with my wife, her sister and her mom.  I just got back from a two mile run on my gravel road and a quick swim in my icy cold pool and now I am heading out for a bike ride.

Tomorrow we meet with the surgeon who is going to remove the cancer on my wife and find out the game plan.  Looking hopeful.

• Heart 4

I had a great morning with my family at church today.  My seven year old granddaughter preached a five minute sermon she wrote in front of thousands of people plus everyone watching on the web.  Then I went to AppleBees for lunch with my wife, her sister and her mom.  I just got back from a two mile run on my gravel road and a quick swim in my icy cold pool and now I am heading out for a bike ride.

Tomorrow we meet with the surgeon who is going to remove the cancer on my wife and find out the game plan.  Looking hopeful.

​Hey - nice country triathlon. :D  But I thought you knew that running is eville? :scratch head:

​Hey - nice country triathlon. :D  But I thought you knew that running is eville? :scratch head:

​Most running is evil but I have three weeks to train for Compassion Ministries 1st annual 5K in Youngstown, Ohio.  My son is the head of Compassion Ministries so I really want to do this.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

• 5 years later...