Secretarial Diaries Volume IV

Dirtyhip

Someone above my pay grade is standing at the copier and can't figure out how to get the machine to work.  Note:  The lights on the machine are not on and the screen is black.

Employee X:  I can't get this to copy.  Do I need to turn it on?

Dirtyhip:  That would help. :mellow:

Employee X:  Oh.  Is it this button?  (pointing to the button that has the power symbol)

Dirtyhip:  That would be the one.

• Heart 2

Maybe if you would have gotten your superior a cup of coffee, he or she would have been alert enough to figure it out.  Also, shouldn't you turn on the machines as soon as you get in and are done making coffee?

​I don't make or fetch coffee.  The machine takes like two seconds to prepare itself to copy.  They can push a button.  Usually, I am first to copy, but today I wasn't.

​Are you sure you are a secretary?

That isn't my job title.  I am an office manager, actually.  Many of my duties are of secretarial form.  The old school people still slip and call me their secretary.

Today's secretaries do not fetch coffee.  That ended many years ago.

• Heart 2

My secretary doesn't want me to ever, every touch the copier.  She says that it makes more work for her.  One little incident trying to replace the toner and no one ever forgets!

:P  How much black stuff did you have on you, and how much did the copier have?

The Bill Cosby ploy works every time - eff things up badly enough whenever you touch them, and pretty soon people are doing all kinds of things for you. :)

Edited by The Inedible Bulk
  • Heart 1

:P  How much black stuff did you have on you, and how much did the copier have?

The Bill Cosby ploy works every time - eff things up badly enough whenever you touch them, and pretty soon people are doing all kinds of things for you. :)

It was mostly all over the floor and the counters---