A prediction on the next Café superstar

AirwickWithCheese

LOL. prolly not.

Mrs Scrapr thinks I waste a lot of time on my msg boards. I cannot devote more time to this honor. So will politely decline

also: I'm no jsharr. I couldn't hold his jockstrap

You are declining my nomination?    :(

I'll see to it you never work this town again.   

• Heart 1

​...those stories about me not being able to consummate the act with various groupies because of my drug problems are base slander and total fabrication.:angry:

All the ones about me are true.

Berlin 1998, Paris 2001, Prague 04, Varanasi 08, Tijuana last week--total black out, no recollection of any of it. 

• Heart 1

...how quickly they forget the stars of yesteryear.:(

You've been very entertaining but you'll never reach superstar status here. You'll always play second banana to Wilbur. You made the mistake of joining at the same time so there will always be the comparison.  

You're Wilbur's Abbott,  his Dom DeLuise. Without Wilbur you will die in obscurity in an old folks home just outside of Hollywood.  Your roommate will be the guy who played Ronnie Claire Edwards husband on the Waltons. 

No, I'm right, it's Scrapr.    

• Heart 1

Superstar or low heal?

You had promise but you aligned yourself with evil. You were pre-Wilbur and failed to recognize my greatness. I may decide to honor you with my blessing someday but until then you will toil in obscurity. You are mostly relegated to unimaginative football threads and setting up Page's one liners.  You are his Fred de Cordova,  or the wife of Freddy. You do have an upside though I'll give you that. 

It's Scrapr. 

• Heart 1

LOL. prolly not.

Mrs Scrapr thinks I waste a lot of time on my msg boards. I cannot devote more time to this honor. So will politely decline

By the way, never imply Jsharr is greatness again or I will abandon you like the New South China Mall. I'll break you before I make you.  

• Heart 1

You've been very entertaining but you'll never reach superstar status here. You'll always play second banana to Wilbur. You made the mistake of joining at the same time so there will always be the comparison.  

You're Wilbur's Abbott,  his Dom DeLuise. Without Wilbur you will die in obscurity in an old folks home just outside of Hollywood.  Your roommate will be the guy who played Ronnie Claire Edwards husband on the Waltons. 

No, I'm right, it's Scrapr.    

​I think you are right about Scrapr.  He just needs his wife's permission to go for the title.

• Heart 2

You had promise but you aligned yourself with evil. You were pre-Wilbur and failed to recognize my greatness. I may decide to honor you with my blessing someday but until then you will toil in obscurity. You are mostly relegated to unimaginative football threads and setting up Page's one liners.  You are his Fred de Cordova,  or the wife of Freddy. You do have an upside though I'll give you that. 

It's Scrapr. 

​Dotman has potential but his Kriptonite is here in the form of Maddmaxx who being a Jedi night, has yet to make it to Master.  He will though.  

​You have my empathy maxx.  But as soon as you feel better, my deck needs refinishing too.

​No offense but that's not going to happen.  I'm getting old enough that I should be hiring someone to do this.  So far in prep for the party, shed renovation, well replacement, power wash the house, fill a dumpster in the great quarter century cleanup, reseed the lawn, landscaping renovation, deck refinishing.  Today is a designated holiday then back to work.  I need some rain today or I'm not going to have enough grass to prevent a sea of mud on June 6th,

​No offense but that's not going to happen.  I'm getting old enough that I should be hiring someone to do this.  So far in prep for the party, shed renovation, well replacement, power wash the house, fill a dumpster in the great quarter century cleanup, reseed the lawn, landscaping renovation, deck refinishing.  Today is a designated holiday then back to work.  I need some rain today or I'm not going to have enough grass to prevent a sea of mud on June 6th,

​so... June 7th then?  

LOL. prolly not.

​Sure you could.  Just let me take if off first, unlike last time......

• Heart 2

​...I think of myself as more of a Mr Godsey sort of actor.

• Heart 1

​I am a poser and a fraud and will gladly fade into obscurity.  Let them bask in the former glory of a mere pig.  

Please. With the temporary loss of RG without you this place would be as exciting as Jsharr's Facebook page. 

Some pig.     :)

• Heart 1

If we don't really care about the people we get to know on the forums for years, why should we waste our time? 

Easier ways to get to know people. People like RG, Wilbur, Jsharr to a lesser extent, entertain and share a lot, bring a lot of smiles. 

They deserve loyalty just like with real world friends. Your friends aren't always right but the point of being friends is being there through it all. 

• Heart 1

If we don't really care about the people we get to know on the forums for years, why should we waste our time? 

Easier ways to get to know people. People like RG, Wilbur, Jsharr to a lesser extent, entertain and share a lot, bring a lot of smiles. 

They deserve loyalty just like with real world friends. Your friends aren't always right but the point of being friends is being there through it all. 

​...do we really "know" anyone ?  Did you know Random Guy was such a drama queen that he would stalk off in a huff over such a small issue ? Life is short, cheese.

​...do we really "know" anyone ?

Sometimes. Jsharr and his fantastic family, RG and my beautiful Goddaughter,  the unbelievable kindness of Kirby,...... Wilbur if he takes me to Israel.  :)

It was real pain I felt when we lost CL and I absolutely hate the mystery with our friend Pokey. 

​I went to a lecture that Jon Kabat-Zinn gave a bunch of years ago.  He talked about meeting a monk who meditated many hours every day.  She asked him "who are you?" and in a chipper upbeat voice mimicking the monk he said "I don't know!".

I respect you and you're a nice person but you're being a lunkhead on this. 

I respect you and you're a nice person but you're being a lunkhead on this. 

​...why ?  I work at the bike co-op, and to put it very kindly, we have a very diverse group of directors.  Less kindly, I might call it the most dysfunctional family you've ever met. There are limitations on human interaction, and one of them is that people sometimes get so butthurt that they just shut you off.  That's one of the things that makes life interesting.  Of course, I come from a maternal lineage where at any given time you needed an updated scorecard to know which of my grandmother's sisters and brothers were currently not speaking, and sometimes it would go on like that for years, until no one could recall the original event that set the whole thing off.  That was the Jewish side, The Irish side always just drank so much the accepted shit and moved on.  

Maybe Random Guy is Jewish ?  "Dot's funny, you don' look Jewish"  (ancient punchline). :)

It was real pain I felt when we lost CL ... 

​...FWIW, I was just about to mail him a block of cherry from a tree I removed so he could  make a knife handle from it.  Life is a temporary condition.  Sometimes I hope there's more, but I'm OK if not.

​How so?  Do you really know who you are, I don't think I know me very well.

Some do. Again you get to know people as they share their lives. Some people are better at it than others. I'm not saying RG was perfect but he cared deeply about this forum. Sharing Randombaby's life with us was a level of commitment and vulnerability that few could ever give. 

I could comment on all that was wrong about the situation but that serves no purpose.  Instead I'm appealing to you to right the wrong because I know you care. Think of the most personal thing you've shared with us on the forum. I'm not going to mention it by name  because not everyone was here when you shared.  It was a doosy but it made you more real, more human, someone most of us could empathize with. 

None of us are close to perfect.  We are mostly rejects from other forums.  We start turning on each other we might as well be bikeforums. 

• Heart 2

AW,  I have appealed to him several times.  He still feels betrayed and that I am stifling free speech.   I can't change his mind for him.  I do a damn good job on this site and am proud of it.  I too would like him to participate,  but it's up to him. 

Have him present a list of demands and we can try to negotiate. 

AW,  I have appealed to him several times.  He still feels betrayed and that I am stifling free speech.   I can't change his mind for him.  I do a damn good job on this site and am proud of it.  I too would like him to participate,  but it's up to him. 

Have him present a list of demands and we can try to negotiate. 

Ok, that's a start and precisely why I don't make blanket statements when I don't know all the facts.

At the same time, again with respect, I've seen where it's been brought up on occasion you've been fairly glib about the situation.  Or I should say, it could be interpreted that way by many and certainly RG who you know would  check in from time to time. No more take it or leave it attitude. More, I hate that we disagree and I'm sorry we didn't discuss it in private first.  You're an integral part of our family, let's figure this out. 

This is from the guy who brought you the Conservative Skirt and Modest Blouse Appreciation thread.  Bikinis come and go. Friendship should be protected. 

Edited by AirwickWithCheese